"The World's Most Efficient Lubricant "

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have a UOA of PP, a Mobil 1 EP oil filter and Tufoil (I decided to give it a try with some of the other folks trying Cermax) from my wife's RX330 in late November/early December. Stay tuned.

Curtis are you hinting that the only way you'll know if Tufoil is really doing anything is by a UOA?

I have also used this on two different cars. And noticed no fuel savings.
I did however seem to quiet the valve train in both cars......, that tuffoil is some THICK stuff..!

I have now used Tufoil in my -95 model BMW 520I for about a year now with good results, less valve train noise and in fact some fuel reduction. It also “feels” that the car accelerate slightly better (less friction may be?).
Many people are sceptical to oil additives which contain PTFE (Teflon), it is said to clogging oil filter. My BMW has oil canister filter so it is very easy to inspect the oil filter for oil clogging, no indication of oil filter clogging so far.
I also believe that people that has not tried the Tufoil them self are the most sceptical regarding the use of Tufoil. I think other oil additive products which contain PTFE have given PTFE a bad reputation, not Tufoil. May be this has to do with the PTFE particle size to do (very small particle in Tufoil)?
The Tufoil is as said “thick stuff”, but I don’t think the viscosity of the oil is going to change/thickening too much if the correct dose is used.

I am not surprised if we in the (near) future will see some motor oils on the marked that has some PTFE as a friction modifier/ingredient.

Here is also a link to a Malaysian Tufoil forum: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/tufoil-lubricants/

Tufoil MSDS
This is mostly Grp I oil and VII (to thicken the oil), with a dash of PAO, ester, PTFE and moly.
@ $13 per 8 oz.???
Spend your money on better oil, or ARX instead.

Quote:

I am not surprised if we in the (near) future will see some motor oils on the marked that has some PTFE as a friction modifier/ingredient.

I have been told by 3 lubrication enginers that PTFE does nothing in an oil. Everything that I have seen seems to back that up.

Quote:

Curtis are you hinting that the only way you'll know if Tufoil is really doing anything is by a UOA?

Nope, just thought it would be interesting to see what the UOA looks like with Tufoil.

Quote:

Use it if your not worried about air entrianment.

I forgot to add, a friend of mine has over 300K on his Camry and he uses it, so I thought I would try it. As solid as the Camry is, it undoubtedly would have made it to 300K without Tufoil, but I thought, what the heck.

BTW, what does the sentence above mean??

What would drive one to put a cocktail like Tufoil in their engine? If you are going to give someone your money I would think you'd want them to earn it. I have talked to those that have tried it and they have nothing to report, one way or the other. No one I know can figure out what it does. I wonder if it's as good as Oilmax?

"I wonder if it's as good as Oilmax?"

I don't know.... Tufoil does seem to work for some people. What was the Oilmax success rate, I forget?

100% and after being told what it was I still received requests for Oilmax for personal use. I only claimed it would improve gas mileage, something that is difficult to prove one way or the other as are claims made by Tufoil. How do you prove any of their claims. For Oilmax you drive around for a while.

Well there you have it >>>--> Tests confirm Oilmax is 100% effective in making better fuel economy dreams come true.

Personally I wouldn't buy any until it's "new and improved".

Quote:

I wonder if it's as good as Oilmax?

What color is Tufoil??
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back