Why 3 Bottles Of Auto-Rx For Sludge Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people try and clean sludge out by using 2 bottles of Auto-Rx. I have said over and over that your engine will continue to make sludge even after Auto-Rx cleaned it out. This is why you need to use a 3 ounce maintenace dose of Auto-Rx with every oil change so Auto-Rx will continue to liquify the new sludge driving it to the filter.

Sludge is made from a mechanical design in your cars engine. Synthetic Oil holds oil to metal trapping sludge(you don't want this featurer) Auto-Rx keeps your engine running and the sludge under control.

3 bottles of Auto-Rx is not a great expense. Please follow the application instuctions.

Will the maint. dose work then correctly with a full syn oil? Sounds like it is not recommended a couple of post down.

Frank, I use and recommend your product, but true syn oils cause sludge? I have a hard time accepting that one.
confused.gif
There should be a lot of sludged up engines that have been using Amsoil/Redline etc. out there, and we just don't see it.

Quote:

Sludge is made from a mechanical design in your cars engine. Synthetic Oil holds oil to metal trapping sludge(you don't want this featurer) Auto-Rx keeps your engine running and the sludge under control.

Tempest I did not say synthetic oil causes sludge I said one additive in synthetic oil's complex additive package holds oil to the metal. When fighting sludge you want it off the metal and into your filter.

In any other applications synthetic oil is fine.

Sorry, maybe I should have posted this in the other thread:
Quote:

When your done total Auto-Rx Application go to Maintenance Plan and staywith non synthetic oil. Alternative oil if you have turbo use a group 111 oil like Pennsoil no more synthetic oil as it helps form sludge

confused.gif

Will the maint. dose with a full syn, after the cleaning and rinse portions, control new sludge and keep your engine clean then?

"Will the maint. dose with a full syn, after the cleaning and rinse portions, control new sludge and keep your engine clean then?"

I think that is a fair assessment. ARX gives you an advantage over motor oil alone.

We guarantee the Auto-Rx Maintenace Plan to keep the same "gains" you had after your first full Auto-Rx Application.

You never have to clean your engine again while on this plan. It is the most inexpensive active maintenance program you can easily use.

Auto-Rx can work with synthetic for initial cleaning phase for "Sludge Issues" that includes Mobil 1. It is the sludge problem alone that causes me to state don't use a true synthetic as it's complex additive package holds oil to metal. You don't want this effect when your goal is to remove engine damaging sludge from oil lubricated parts.

Why not use a group 111 oil for second cleaning & rinsing that will do nicely ?

if synthetic users could understand that sludge keeps being formed and the Auto-Rx Application keeps sludge flowing into the filter and that the end game is to keep there engine from extinction due to sludge. i am sure
group 111 oils would be very acceptable.

ON ENGINE CLEANING APPLICATIONS AUTO-RX CAN WORK WELL WITH ANY SYNTHETIC.

Keep in mind that Frank says "INITIAL CLEANING" in a SLUDGE ISSUE situation. Once you're beyond that ..then you're far better served with a Group II or Group III oil. There's no reason to use expensive oil for such short durations ..especially when they stifle the product.

Get through it and use the maintenance dose with whatever you want.

I would say, based on usage, that Redline/Amsoil etc would hold up better and not sludge based on short drains using Dino oil.

So, if you clean and then use Redline/Amsoil etc you will be better with longer drains or using dino....unless you have a seal leak.

I also think one needs to factor in whether one has an engine with a tendency to form sludge. Its not a high percentage of the engine that are manufactured, but they are out there. So once sluge is cleaned from prior poor maint. then only only needs to be concerned if one owns a sludge monster.

Although newer oils have advanced greatly in the realm of deposit control, there are some areas that aren't going to be exempt from coking (ring packs - probably). There's also the incidental areas that are subject to higher heat (or lack of it) and lower flow.

So, yes, Donald, not all engines are sludge monsters, but given that any engine can be operated under vastly different conditions ..it doesn't mean that sludge formation won't occur. Also keep in mind that engines are kept in service far longer than they used to be in "daily driver" status. There, even with outstanding maintenance, you will get some accumulative toll in terms of cleanliness. We've seen some exceptional examples of clean engines with advanced mileage ..but we tend not have too much common about us.

Oddly, some (a few) BITOGers may be the only ones to use Auto-Rx in a maintenance dose BEFORE they ever get to the point of needing a full treatment just due to when they started using it. The initial treatment(s) may just reset the counter to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back