RejeX polymer sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried this new stuff? I just received a bottle of it today and can't wait to try it. They claim you can use it on glass as well as paint and acrylic.

Harry

It's a very popular product on the Corvetteforum, the people who use it rave about how slick their finish is. It seems to be especially good if you live in an area where you get a lot of bug splats, as they say they wipe right off very easily when you've got a coat of Rejex on the paint.

BUGS! We got bugs! Great, just what I was looking for. Florida has to be the bug capitol of the world. Just threw on the first coat, and you're right Patman, it is oh so slick, now where's those pesky bugs!

Harry

It's all that I will use. Very slick, bugs won't stick to it, even when alive (they can't crawl on it). You get the best results with 2 coats. Can be used on windows as well.

And it's not polymer, it's siloxane.

Definitely my second choice after Zaino.
I bought a bottle to try and use it on my windows.

It can be anyway:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siloxane
So I stand semi-corrected!
tounge2.gif

Silicones are polymers, so are acryllics. But polymers don't necessarily have to be silicone or acryllic. Silicone polymers tend to look good and have ok durabilty, and the number one trait is that they are easy to use. optimum spray wax is another example. Acryllics tend to more durable but less easy to use. They both crosslink, and I'd bet there are some products that have both. Do some research before using a silicone on your car so you can make an informed choice-From Wikpedia:

Polymerized siloxanes are commonly known as silicones, although this name is somewhat of a misnomer. A true silicone group has a double bond between oxygen and silicon...

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html
Quote:

RejeX contains none of the free silicone oils found in some other products that are known to contaminate paint and cause problems when repainting.

also:
Quote:

Curing is required to allow the monomers (polymer building blocks) that make up RejeX to attach to the surface being treated and to polymerize (crosslink) into a crystal-clear, impervious film

So I stand fully corrected now.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I just got done applying a second coat of RejeX. The shine is remarkable, I would describe it as a hard shine. Bring on the bugs! It will be interesting to see if all the claims made by the manufacturer are true, stay tuned.

Harry

I just bought two bottles from Skygeek seemed reasonably priced after hearing the comments on the board. I'm a very loyal Zaino user. What are the thoughts of applying this over it and can anyone vouch for durabilty of this say to Zaino or Klasse?

My current thinking is that a new polymer has to go right onto the paint surface, not over a wax or other sealant. I could not find Rejex locally, so I'm going with SynWax after buffing for scratches. Maybe 2 coats of Polymer and then a non-abrasive carnuba like GoldClass, Mothers or #26.

Quote:

Can you use RejeX over wax?
While RejeX will certainly work over wax and give you the benefits of enhanced gloss, superior protection for your paint and rejection of stains, it’s better to put RejeX right on top of the paint. Waxes are typically much softer and less durable than RejeX. When RejeX is put on top of wax – even though RejeX will protect and extend the life of the wax – eventually the wax will degrade. When that occurs, the RejeX protection will wash off with the old wax (since in this case RejeX is bonded to the wax rather than directly to the paint). To get full longevity out of the product, use RejeX instead of wax.

Quote:

I just bought two bottles from Skygeek seemed reasonably priced after hearing the comments on the board. I'm a very loyal Zaino user. What are the thoughts of applying this over it and can anyone vouch for durabilty of this say to Zaino or Klasse?

I have been using Klasse for the last few years but Rejex sounds like a good product. I also would be interested if anyone has compared it to Klasse. I'm going to need a new bottle of something before long so if RejeX is better I'll get it.

Quote:

Quote:

I have been using Klasse for the last few years but Rejex sounds like a good product. I also would be interested if anyone has compared it to Klasse. I'm going to need a new bottle of something before long so if RejeX is better I'll get it.

Which Klasse are you using, AIO or SG? Rejex is like SG in that it has no paint cleaning ability. It's strictly a last step sealant, like a polymer version of a pure carnauba wax.

I've been comparing Rejex to Zaino Z2 since last December on the hood of my truck. It's held up well all summer until recently when the Rejex side wasn't beading water as well as Zaino, and the shine dropped off some. Still, Rejex has outperformed everything else, like Duragloss, Meguiars NXT, Optimum Optiseal, Wolfgang, Platinum 4-Star, Auto Magic #10 sealant, etc.

I give Zaino the edge because it is more technically advanced, doesn't require a long cure time (when used with ZFX), and offers a complete paint care system where all the products are fully compatible with each other. Rejex is just one product out there that works well on its own, but still requires a full paint prep regimen to ensure best performance.

I've been using both AIO and SG so I am interested in how SG compares to RejeX. I haven't used any of the Zaino products before.

I've used SG but primarly use Z2 since I bought it in bulk. I orginally purchased the rejex to do my rims when I put my summers into storage as well as maybe putting a coat on the front of the car so when I do travel down to South Carolina from Va I don't have so much trouble getting all the bugs off without scrubbing even with Z2 on the front of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back