fluid film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a can of Fluid Film rust and corrosion preventive penetrant and lubricant today at the John Deere Dealer. Anybody ever used it? The counter guy said it is all they use and is the best stuff they have ever found. On the can it says no solvents, and that it is specified for use on nuclear submarines and the space shuttle (fwiw). Haven't used it yet but it sounds interesting.

Quote:

Picked up a can of Fluid Film rust and corrosion preventive penetrant and lubricant today at the John Deere Dealer. Anybody ever used it? The counter guy said it is all they use and is the best stuff they have ever found. On the can it says no solvents, and that it is specified for use on nuclear submarines and the space shuttle (fwiw). Haven't used it yet but it sounds interesting.

I just ordered a gal.fluid film but have not tried it yet.From what i have read it is good stuff.coobie

I've used it and think it is a top product. It seems to do several things well. I think it is great to use when assembling bolts so that they don't get rusted in place.

You learn to like the smell too.

Fluid Film is one of, if not the best penetrant/lubricant/protectant on the market today. They are a sponser of lawnsite.com which I am a member of. They sent me a free sample and i put it to the test.

In the spring I sprayed one hydrolic cylinder on our meyer plow with fluid film and the other I just smeared grease all over. I just wanted to see how long it would protect before it needed more. Well come winter it was still protecting the chrome cylinder with no problems at all. Untill then I have found nother other than heavy grease that would last that long!

I live in Cleveland, part of the "rust belt".

Cars get destroyed during the winters thanks to all that snow and ice, but moreso the salt the trucks dump.

I hose down the underside of my cars in the fall. Then the next day (after it's thoroughly dry) crawl under on my creeper. I spray the Fluid Film over any exposed steel and on all fasteners (sway bar, suspension, brake line, various mounting bolts, etc).

It survives almost the whole winter! Very durable against spray. Sticks so well it pretty much eliminates all of the effects of the winter.

Won't drive a car through winter without it anymore.

I also spray it into the drain holes on the bottom of the doors, tho beware the smell will come into the cabin.

I think it smells like funky ginger ale.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back