'06 Dodge CTD Red Line 15W-40 5,907 miles w/ P.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, on the info. slip that I filled out I forgot to put what type of oil I was running so I'm sure Blackstone assumed it was a dino type oil. I'm sure that has something to do with the copper showing as high as it is possibly?

I've heard that the machines have to be tweaked when a Group V oil is tested. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that.

Just to be on the safe side, I dumped the oil but didn't change out the full flow or my Amsoil bypass filter. I put in Delo 400 15W-40. I'll send in another sample in a shorter than usual interval.

I'd like comments on the particle count....the sample was taken directly from the bypass filter (BE-90 element).

DodgeCTD29146.jpg

Maybe contact Blackstone and inquire if they corrected for the Redline 15W40. Redline may have additives that skewed your results that Blackstone was unaware of.

I think you did the right move and changed the oil. The statement that copper is way to high and is quite abrasive is a statement we don't like to hear.

Has your antifreeze level been normal. Are you close to the sea? or did you take a trip up the coast? What does Redline say about this report?

Hey, is your bypass filter mounting hardware holding up to the engine vibration well? and how long are you going between bypass filter changes? It will be interesting to see if the Delo gives the same report numbers.

Copper aside, Delo will proabably match or maybe even surpass the wear numbers of the Redline.
thumbsup.gif

Delo is great oil.
bowdown2.gif

Quote:

Has your antifreeze level been normal.

Yes. It hasn't moved. Actually all of my reports have come back with Potassium, but it's always been negative on anti freeze. If you will look at other UOA's on the the 3rd gen CTD's they all seem to have potassium readings, but never test postive for anti freeze
dunno.gif

Quote:

Are you close to the sea? or did you take a trip up the coast? What does Redline say about this report?

Nowhere near the sea nor have I been anywhere around the sea. I didn't talk to Red Line about it. I'm pretty sure everything will be back to normal with Delo.
Quote:

Hey, is your bypass filter mounting hardware holding up to the engine vibration well? and how long are you going between bypass filter changes? It will be interesting to see if the Delo gives the same report numbers.

Bypass filter hardware is doing fine. It's exactly where it was at when I installed it months back. I'll probably be able to get AT LEAST 20K miles on a bypass filter element. I monitor it by touching it to make sure I'm getting good flow through and it's hot to the touch.

As I stated above, I'm sure my wear numbers will go back to normal with Delo and I think the wear numbers will subside
banana.gif

Why would using Redline oil cause this, if it did cause it?

Lotsa moly in that Redline... wow!

Quote:

Why would using Redline oil cause this, if it did cause it?

Lotsa moly in that Redline... wow!

It's been debated that Red Line's chemistry attacks soft metal and causes the soft metal wear readings to spike. Some say the Red Line is actually cleaning off oxidation, but who knows exactly? I know this though, people have seen soft metal spikes with Red Line and have switched to other oils and all is back to normal....go figure.

I've had this oil lying around for awhile in the garage and decided to try it in my truck. I don't think I like what I saw. Schaeffer's or Delo for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back