Best oil for a 2004 Lincoln Towncar 4.6L V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom just bought a new town car....trying to find out the best oil for the vehicle. My Dad is a die hard Quaker State man, has been for 30 years, but I'm thinking there has to be something better out there. Thoughts?

Oh...by the way...it will have to be a dino oil....tried to talk my Dad into a syn a few years back and he nearly went ballistic.

Thanks!!!

Don't stir the pot (or should I say, "Don't stir the 'pop'")...it is not worth it. Jelly has given you a good lead...stick with QS in the viscosity recommended by the owner's manual.

The "proper" oil for the car would be Motorcraft 5W-20...although QS would most likely be fine, too.

It's too bad your Dad is so closed minded...a proper program using synthetic oil would not only protect the car better, it would also save him some money, not to mention the environmental benefits from not using all that dino oil...

screw it! go Red Line 5W30 like i did in my 2003 Mustang GT (4.6L "PI" SOHC).

PS- my pal is running Red Line 5W30 in his 2004 Mach 1 (4.6L 4V DOHC).

additional notes: I can whip him from a dead stop ever since I put in my 4:30 FRPP/Eaton/Moser rear-end.

quote:

Originally posted by RF Overlord:
The "proper" oil for the car would be Motorcraft 5W-20...although QS would most likely be fine, too.

RF...

Motorcraft 5W20 would be my recommendation if his dad were willing to try something different.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
RF...

Motorcraft 5W20 would be my recommendation if his dad were willing to try something different.

That's why I put "proper" in quotes...
grin.gif
Maybe his Dad should join this site...

Tell your Dad that Ford engineered the MC 5w20 oil with the modular V8's in mind and it has shown good UOA's in F250's with V10's as well as multiple 4.6 and 5.4 V8's. If still no deal, then go with the QS 5w20 as stated previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back