What is "Best Oil" for 65K 2002 QX4 / Pathfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is no truly best oil, but if you were the owner of a recently purchased 2002 QX4 Infiniti (Nissan Pathfinder) which has the all aluminum 3.5-liter DOHC V-6 (also used in the Maximma) that produces 240 horsepower and 265 lb.-ft. of torque, what would you use?

BTW, the car appears to be in very good condition and has just 65K miles... It runs very smoothly, however I am detecting slight lifter noise when the engine is at idle. Perhaps I should run Auto-Rx through one time and then start a new regiment of high quality oil?

All suggestions appreciated and welcome!

bradesp

We will assume you mean synthetic - when asking for the loosely-termed "best".

SOPUS prodcuts are the best deal going right now...ie... Pennzoil or Quaker State. Great Protection at the best possible prices.

Auto RX is not a bad way to start off with a used car and an uncertain maintenance history.

Or you could run LC-20 from Lubecontrol.

In either case follow their instructions.

I also like to start off my ownership of a used vehicle by changing all filters and fluids. I also always run one or two tankfuls with a full dose of a good fuel system cleaner like Techron, Regane, or Redline SI-1.

I think you could start of with any name brand synthetic oil especially if its on sale, and change every 6000 to 7000 miles.

Shell products like Pennzoil Platinum, Quaker State, and Rotella offer quite good performance for the money.

Another option would be to look for sales or rebates on any of the more conventional oils like Havoline, Chevron, Motorcraft, Castrol GTX, or the 'High Mileage' oils like Valvoline Maxlife. I'd change these every 4000 miles.

Its hard to find a bad oil nowadays...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back