Sunoco vs shell

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive always used shell V-power in my car from the day i got it. factory recommends prem fuel and the car is tuned to use nothing but 93. i was up in new hampshire and couldnt find a shell so i tried sunoco for the first time. after a few miles the idle was was not nearly as smooth as shell but i didnt really feel much of a power difference but i didnt have my data logger with me to watch timing. it was like that till i put 15gals of V-power in. after a short time the idle felt normal again. the only thing i could think of was summer and winter blend differences but both places still say up to 10% ethanol.

not sure if this applies to sunoco vs shell.....but since i just got a new car with 10k miles and want to switch to syn. oil do i have to flush the oil system first???

actually i find shell to make my car run smoother and gives me better fuel economy. not sure why either

Quote:

not sure if this applies to sunoco vs shell.....but since i just got a new car with 10k miles and want to switch to syn. oil do i have to flush the oil system first???

You can but not needed, i never do...

Your subpar Sunoco fillup could of been underground tank-related. If that's the case, the same could of occured had the Shell-name been present there.

Shell's 93 V-Power is amazing, here, too. I can DEFINITELY, without a doubt, feel better acceleration in my car compared to ANY other octane or fuel from another brand. I go out of my way to get it.

Shell 93 in most parts of the US is top notch. I would run shell here but sunoco is refined here and has fresher gasoline then Shell. In all other states I run Shell over Sunoco
smile.gif

No problems with Sunoco. Back to back highway travel recently showed a 24mpg average vs. a 22mpg average using BP/Amoco. Same day, same speeds etc. Plus the Sunoco was generally less expensive wherever I went over the same grade BP. Still prefer the V-Power Shell to the BP 93. Might be in my head, but it seems to run a bit smoother with the V.

this was just my experience with one sunoco station one time at one fill up. its the only time i used a different station then the shell down the road from the day i got the car so i dont really know if a different sunoco would give me different results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back