Lucas Oil Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone performed a Blackstone analysis on Lucas oil stabilizer? I will get one done with UOA if anyone is interested?

Also what id the makeup of LOS??? I know what it does, just no clue what it is.

I have sent in 2 samples w/TBN request

1 - straight Lucas
1 - My blend 5 to 1 Rotella T / LOS

Hope to have results by Thursday

Here is the skinny on LOS

Unless listed all are 'Zero'

Lucas Virgin
TBN - 0.1
Visc - 615.3
FP - 435
Calcium - 3
Magnesium - 1
Phosphorus - 4
Zinc - 2

Rotella T / LOS 5 to 1 blend
TBN - 8.5
Visc - 115.4
FP - 420
Boron - 17
Silicon - 2
Calcium - 1442
Magnesium - 7
Phosphorus - 604
Zinc - 817

Does anyone have any feedback on Rotella blend, have I diluted it since it is a 5 to 1 mix??? or 83.33% Rotella / 16.67% Lucas

To feel good because it says to on the bottle? Looks like a worthless additive to me, wonder what it really does that isn't showing up on the OA

Nothing but an oil thickener. You are better off just stepping up a weight if you want thicker.

Quote:

Here is the skinny on LOS

Unless listed all are 'Zero'

Lucas Virgin
TBN - 0.1
Visc - 615.3
FP - 435
Calcium - 3
Magnesium - 1
Phosphorus - 4
Zinc - 2

Rotella T / LOS 5 to 1 blend
TBN - 8.5
Visc - 115.4
FP - 420
Boron - 17
Silicon - 2
Calcium - 1442
Magnesium - 7
Phosphorus - 604
Zinc - 817

Does anyone have any feedback on Rotella blend, have I diluted it since it is a 5 to 1 mix??? or 83.33% Rotella / 16.67% Lucas

Is the VIS in Cst and at 100C??
if so Lucas is a OCP polymer VII and your rotella mix is now thicker than a 250 gear oil
shocked.gif

bruce

I sent this in because I have been using for over two years in my previous vehicles and had no problems. I did send in the regular version, I assume the synthetic version is just that...same stuff differant version.
I will not be using this after the next oil change, I already have my oil blended for oil change next month and refuse to throw it away and I definatley won't use it in my wifes mini van..

So with all of this said....is there really a need for an additive to top shelf oil? (Rotella / Delo / Delvac) If a quality additive is available what is it? I want something that does not require me to order a drum at a time or only available in Kansas on Saturdays when it is raining.

So, you guys think this is 'harmful' to the car? Or you just don't see a point in using it?

It DEFINITELY helps cold start ups. On my 4.6 Thunderbird, every morning I cranked it up with a 10w-30 conventional oil in it, it would chatter for 3-4 seconds until the oil made it to the top. I then went with 4 quarts of 10w-30 and 1 quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer and that never happened the whole time it was in there. Next change, I didn't use it, and still it never once chattered. So, I just use it every other oil change. I like Lucas products. I guess because I have never had a problem with them. I may only 'feel' that they help, but I know they have never caused a single problem.

I don't think it's harmful, but i would never use it
(never have)especially after seeing that VOA, snake oil
IMO, if i want thick oil i'll run a 20w50, use a good dino
or syn. and you don't need it IMO..$.02!!!

but i guess if you say it works for you go for it.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back