Decided on Motul 8100 excess 5w-40...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a modified Audi 2.0T. I am still looking for more info on this oil however...if any one has anything to add, links etc I would be greatfull. I plan on running UOA's and posting so as to get some info on it. I think because it is foreign and hard to come by, there isn't much good print out there on our side of the pond!
grin.gif

Thanks! I was wondering what the difference was between x-cess and x-clean. Now I know. I am glad to know I picked the right one. Any users out there???

You could also use the Motul 8100 E-Tech 0w-40, its got the 503.01 spec and is an Ester Oil that I think will stand up to a hiding a bit better than the Excess.
I use the 300v 5w-40...good stuff.

What do you mean by "stand up to a hiding a bit better? The 300V is so expensive and I intend to do shorter OCI's. Is 503.01 a long life spec?

Quote:

You could also use the Motul 8100 E-Tech 0w-40, its got the 503.01 spec and is an Ester Oil that I think will stand up to a hiding a bit better than the Excess.
I use the 300v 5w-40...good stuff.

Now I'm confused; I always thought that the only high (or ANY?) ester base stock contented oil in Motul's lineup was the 300V??
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back