Seal sweller for tractor hydraulics .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
that uses/specifies 15/20w-40 engine oil ?
It's a 30 yo tractor and all the unions are starting to weep and it's giving me the willies.
Yes, I'm after a quick fix. It gets very little use, ATM about 1-2 hours every couple of weeks. Not worth the time/effort to strip the fittings and replace all the 'O' rings.
I'm guessing consumer type P/S or AT stop leak would be worth a shot, any other suggestions ?

tdi-rick- If it were mine, and I understand your desire to take the less onerous route, a trans stop leak might do the trick.. if such a trick is possible. Anyway, you tell us how, or if, it works and them we'll know... at your expense
wink.gif
. Seriously, it may not help, but I doubt it will hurt. I'd go light on the application.

Auto RX is big dollars here. The entire system takes in the region of 18 litres of lube, and in my experience using it there is no guarantee ARX would do much anyway. I reckon It'd be cheaper to strip fittings and replace seals.
wink.gif

Last edited:
You could also try Texas Refinery Corp's Seal Saver Plus. You might also try checking the local parts stores and see what type of P/S stop leak products they have. I have had good luck with the Lucas P/S additive over the years and it is usually fairly easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back