04 Toyota Highlander sez change every 100.000 mile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've got a 2005 Highlander and it recommends 100K mile changes for BOTH the tranny (T-IV) and the coolant. I've just turned 19k (22 months) and both will get changed by 25k miles.

It's an April Fool's joke - from Toyota!

Most of the long-life coolants should last 100k if the system isn't contaminated. Toyota recommends 10-yr/100k for the initial change, then every 5-yr/50k thereafter. Toyota Super Long Life PINK comes premixed in 50/50 form, so water quality is not an issue.

You are incorrect about the ATF service intervals. Toyota says to inspect the fluid every 15k ? and check for signs of discoloration, sediment, or unusual odor. In the event that such signs are noticed, then the pan should be drain (but no filter change) and refilled with T-IV. However, if the vehicle is used for towing, then it should be replaced every 60k miles even if the fluid still appears OK, but earlier if any of the above signs (discoloration, sediment, unusual odor) are noticed.

I'm going to change out the toyota long life pink stuff out of my vibe in 5 years/50k miles. drain the toyota t-4 every 3 yr/30k out of drain plug.

My Rad hold's one gallon of the pink stuff. I drained my radiator each spring and refill with one gallon of Toyota Pink Ultra Long Life! I do this every year. THe first time I did it one gallon filled my resovoir and my radiator. This time my radiator took a gallon all buy itself. So more must of drained out this time. A gallon of the pink only cost's like $12 at the dealership so what is $12 onces a year? I hate changeing water pumps on a fwd cars!

My mothers ATF gets changed every 15,000-18,000 miles again you are usaly talking 4 quarts or less so cost is a non-issue!

My 96 sunfire has had 2 coolant drains/fills. at 94k, 144k
Tranny flush at 50k, at 94k and 144k filter change/pan drop. GM vehicle to boot.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back