Opti 2 and Opti 4

Alright all you experts, anyone had any experience with this oil. I believe it is made by Interlube in Washington. My local Snapper dealer is pushing this big time. I also believe this company packages all of Snapper's 2 and 4 cycle oils.

The original opti came and went with dirt bikers several years ago. Don't know about the new stuff? The universal 1 size fits all 100:1 recommendation would scare me off, but for lawn equipment it's probably fine. Wouldn't run a saw cutting big wood with it though, or at least not at that ratio. It's in all the shops around here with a display and the double warranty thing is the big sell. IMO the insurance premium of actually having to pay out any claims is most likely built into the price, not the oil. But I'm a marketing skeptic.

hi mate, i have used opti2 and before that, optimol for about 15 years, absolutely THE BEST. never had a problem, no fouled plugs, clear ports and mufflers, no smoke and all this at 100:1
please remember that lawn equipment is the most abused machinery on the planet, but this stuff gives it a fighting chance

I'm not familiar with each of the offerings, but I've had folks hunt me down on weekends because they didn't want to use Opti anymore and wanted to try one or another of the Amsoil products.

I will say this - 2 stroke oils seem to go by word of mouth - and lots of stories. I always wonder - no matter the brand if it's the mixing, the jetting, the wrong application - rather than the oil's fault.

Hi Johnny – If you can drum up some info on Opti and the “patented Eutectic additive technology “, you’ll be light years ahead of the rest of us.
smile.gif

I have no idea what a “Eutectic” additive is and tend to shy away from anything using double-secret technology.

The OPE dealers tend to push this product quite heavily, the users tend to either love or hate the product.

Seems to me the recent deal was buy a new mower & a six pack of Opti 4 and an extra 2 years gets tacked on top of the original manufacturer’s warranty.

The warranty is double what the mfg offers. So if you buy a new Toro and the engine has a two year warranty, they will give you a four year warranty.

I did find out that they package all of Snapper's oil, both 2-cycle and 4 stroke. If you buy a new Snapper product and use their oil, Snapper will double your warranty.

I have a very old Echo trimmer that I am going to try some of this in. It will either run like new or blow up. Either way is fine with me because it's junk.

Who knows?
dunno.gif

Well, my old Echo trimmer has not blown up and I have really abused it within the past week. It actually runs pretty good and it does not smoke.

I also found out that this company packages Kawasaki Oil for their lawn and garden products (i.e., mower engines, trimmers, edgers, etc).

Any other info appreciated.

well, it beats me johnny

but i did find out it is NOT a synthetic, so beggared if i know how it can be safely used at recommended ratio i.e. 100:1

Quote:

Well, my old Echo trimmer has not blown up and I have really abused it within the past week. It actually runs pretty good and it does not smoke.

I also found out that this company packages Kawasaki Oil for their lawn and garden products (i.e., mower engines, trimmers, edgers, etc).

They told me on the phone it was a semi synthetic blend. Didn't ask about the eutectic magic lube deal.

Lady confirmed 100:1 mix in a $500 Maruyama trimmer, I was not to worry. Told her Maruyama recommends 50:1 and they built the motor so they should know what ratio to use. She said again 100:1 was no problem.

This is a strange product as they claim it's the best on the market. Funny how there's not much info on the internet about it. Just a couple youtube videos from the same guy.... No negative comments that I have read so far. Most of the reviews are they have been using it for 20 plus years, no issues. You would think info would be all over the place on it.

slomo

Originally Posted by bonnie john

well, it beats me johnny

but i did find out it is NOT a synthetic, so beggared if i know how it can be safely used at recommended ratio i.e. 100:1

I was told it was a semi synthetic blend on the phone.

slomo

I've used it, several years ago, and had no problems with it whatsoever. I used to get it at the OPE dealer in a plastic tube that you mixed in a gallon or whatever, don't remember. I used to buy stuff there and talk him into giving me a tube or two every time I bought something of real value, so I had quite a supply of it back than. I used it in everything from trimmers, lawnboys, chainsaws, tillers, hedge trimmers, and anything else I had at the time that was 2 cycle no matter what the recommended mix was. It's good stuff and if I dealt at a place that had it handy, I'd probably still be using it, but I haven't seen it anywhere around here in a while and I don't frequent the few OPE dealers that are left enough to really look for it.
If you're wanting to use it, find something else to worry over and just use it.

As to the Opti 4 cycle oil, no thanks, probably fine oil, maybe even great oil, but at roughly $17 a quart, no thanks!

Last edited:
I had really good results with this running cutoff saws. My saws seemed to last a lot longer than other guys who used OEM branded 50:1 mix oil. I usually ran it 75:1.

Back