Alkylate petrol for clean engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of getting varnish in the carbs and aged fuel in the spring, I use alkylate fuel for our 2 an 4 stroke small engines. They run much smoother and are easier to start. No gum in the fuel system and the fuel doesnt age at all like gasoline. As a bonus, there is no smell or smoke either!
Changing oil every fall using 30w oil and using alkylate gas, the Briggs seem happier than ever. The 2 strokes also love this fuel.

This sounds like it would be a really great type of gasoline if it could be produced economically. I have never heard of it here in the US. Is it produced anywhere besides Sweden?

Sounds like a lot of hogwash -
runs smoother,
starts easier,
ageless (!),
no smell,
no smoke,
I think every refinery in the US has an "alky" unit, either sulphuric based or HF based - it's not magic, it's a part of every brand out there.....
doc

No, its not magic at all. It's just a more exact formula. It's made by gases at regular refineries. It's a bit more expensive, not alot, but that does not really matter for the small stuff that just don't use alot of fuel. You will have a cleaner fuel with RON/MON 102/90 which is much less prone to break down during storage.
It's being used for almost all professional chainsaws and professional small engines in Sweden because of workplace safety (less piosonous fumes) AND lowered service costs on machinery (more exact formula than ordinary gas) AND slightly higher energy content than ordinary gasoline.
It's also used for indoor go-carting here.
Can you buy it at your gas station, use it! You wont regret it. /Guys, I'm not selling it! It's already being sold. Just want to bring an everyday opportunity to your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back