windshield cleaners - what do you use ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.
I was wondering what kind of cleaners or solvents do you use to clean your windshields., I seem to have alot of road grime and junk from the roads.....,

thanks....
nik

I use Windex. For buildup that's too tough for Windex I use Bon Ami, a non-chlorinated abrasive cleaner, or my glass polishing compound. Once clean, I treat the windshield with a RainX-type of compound.

Are you sure the windshield isn't etched? Sometimes, you can clean the windshield and put new wiper blades, but on a wet night you'll still see a stain pattern that will not go away. For this you'll need to use glass polishing compound.

Last edited:
Vinegar and 0000 steel wool every so often. Usually just vinegar Windex and newspaper. Then I Rain X it. Always crystal clear.

For outside of the windshield where the glass receives constant exposure to the outside elements and pollutants, I use NoTouch wax and bug stripper to strip the wax, grease, oil and silicone deposited by the element. Afterwards, I would just leave it the way it is and use it until I see another round of road film buildup again..

Inside glass cleaning I too, use Stoner's invisible glass + microfibre cloth. It cleans my Sony TeeVee screen nicely and so are my cars.

The glass science stuff works fairly well.I usually get it at checker,it smells like peptobismol the pink stuff. Hmm wonder if they buy used peptobismol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back