High-Mileage Suptertech ATF vs. Regular SuperTech

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I don't know the answer for sure, but the difference between most "regular" and "high-mileage" formulations are a little more viscosity and some seal swelling compounds in the high-mileage formulations.

Why was this topic moved from the ATF section? This is a question about SuperTech ATF.

Yes, they have a high mileage ATF - about 20 cents more than there regular ATF. Didn't have much in stock, though

Quote:

Yes, they have a high mileage ATF - about 20 cents more than there regular ATF.

You should have put that in the title and/or body of your post.
thumbsup.gif

The topic was "High-Mileage Suptertech (sp) ATF..." I couldn't fit in the second "ATF" due to length of topics. I should have used abbreviations, otherwise I understand how one could take the original topic to say "let's compare the SuperTech High Mileage ATF vs the regular SuperTech dino oil"...
smile.gif

You can VOA both to see if there is a difference. Or, you can try to contact the supplier.

Whats the bottle say?

Bottle says:

"SuperTech High Mileage ATF is formulated with a unique combination of premium base oils and an enhanced additive system including seal conditioners and shear stable modifiers that provide increased protection for higher mileage transmissions"

Good thought about VOA....

But, one thing I have learned here - label means little.

I didn't know if this was an older product or new one, and if it was similar to MaxLife or other higher mileage transmission fluids...

One thing the bottle says is it is suitable for Mercon V applications, while the regular SuperTech ATF says it is not suitable for Mercon V.

Maybe the 20 cents makes a significantly better ATF??

I need to go pick up some ATF tomorrow, so now I have this choice as well...

This or Dexron VI? Or should I use the good 'ol Dexron III(H) that I've been using all along?
confused.gif

True, Pennzoil Dexron VI is $5.99/qt. Three times the price.

I wonder if my local Walmart has it. How long has it been around?

Is it available in gallon jugs? Most importantly, is it Dexron III(H) licensed? The blue jugs of SuperTech Dexron III(H)/Mercon that I'm currently using have a license number printed on the reverse. Does the same hold true?

I only saw it in quarts. It has a number stamped on the back - is this what you mean?

I have no idea how long, but I have cleaned out three Walmarts and only obtained 6 quarts. Not sure if it is new or old...

OK. Went to Walmart today. Normal SuperTech Dexron-III(H)/Mercon, complete with GM license number, $1.81/qt. High Mileage SuperTech Dexron-III(H)/Mercon-V/ATF+4, no GM approval number, $1.97/qt.

They only had 4 bottles of the High Mileage stuff. They were a bit leaky as well. Either way, I didn't think that I'd reap any benefits from the HM fluid if I was only putting in 4 quarts, a bit more than half of my unit's capacity. So, I ended up grabbing 5 quarts of the regular stuff.

Another interesting note. SuperTech also has a Multi-Vehicle ATF that meets the same Dexron-III(H)/Mercon-V/ATF+4 specs, but is priced at over $3.00/qt. Yet, this HM fluid meets the same specs and also has HM advantages...and is priced at $1/qt less ??? Hmm....

I noticed the same thing. I didn't buy one quart because it was leaky.

So, the stamped number on the back isn't a GM approvl number?

Nope. The GM approval # begins with the letter H, as the latest Dexron-III spec was revision H.

My normal blue bottle SuperTech fluid contains two lines of numbering. One is the batch/code # from WPP, the second line is the license number(s), HXXXXX/MXXXXXXXX, H for GM's approval number and M for Ford's approval number since it's dual-certified, or was. As of 1/1/07, GM has stopped renewing the licenses of Dexron-III(H) and Ford has stopped renewing the licenses of Mercon. However, there is plenty of "approved" and "licensed" products still on the shelves today. As to why the HM product was never certified raises some questions, especially for such a common spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back