HELP! Left gas cap off in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an iddiot. Last night I got some gas. There was a tweeker/Bum bothering me for $$ so I filled and split as fast as I could.

Then it rained. One day a year it rains and I leave the cap off..Go figure.
bop.gif

The angle of the rain this morning was goin right in the open hole
pat2.gif

I put the cap on and went to work. Ran fine. I put 2 bottles of "Heet" in the tank. Stuffs supposed to remove water.

Any other ideas.

Denatured alcohol, as sold in paint department of Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot, more effective and cheaper. Don't use rubbing alcohol, as it's already 52% water.

Bob

Quote:

Denatured alcohol, as sold in paint department of Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot, more effective and cheaper. Don't use rubbing alcohol, as it's already 52% water.

Bob

generally, rubbing alcohol is sold as 70% or 90%....which means 30% and 10% water....

It seems ok so far. I can say that my fuel milage has taken a major dump! Or someones stealin my gas. I had 3/4 tank Sunday night. Usually this will get me thru the week. I'm @ 1/4 tank now and it's only Tuesday night.

Don't put anymore Heet in there or you could burn your valves. Change your fuel filter after your next 2 tanks of gas and put 1 bottle of heet in with the next tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back