Fleetguard Venturi Combo Filters??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see any of the options I am considering a compromise. They are not how things have always been done. They are different but I guess I will just give it a try and let you all know how it works out. On a 14 quart sump I see no benefit to adding a another 16 quart mg740/luberfiner filter, the gulf coast only claim 1 to 5 micron filtering.

So I currently have 2 options, the McMaster 1 micron filter for around $90 plus $16 filters, or the B164 2 micron at 50% and 15 micron at 99% plus a motor guard/frantz TP filter for the soot filtering.

I will let you guys know what I run and how it works out. It will be a while till I get set up but I will keep you posted. thanks all for your help.

Yes I have thought about amsoil but last time I looked I was not impressed with prices. I tend to boycott high price high hype products. I haven't looked at them recently. perhaps before i make my final desicion I will check them again.

I would like to try using a reusable full flow filter such as the ones in jegs.com. I doubt that you would ever need to service one with a submicronic filter doing all the work. I don't see any reason to use a non submicronic bypass filter with a submicronic bypass filter. I don't expect a full flow filter to clean oil. They are supposed to remove the big stuff. A good engine has almost no big stuff. My new Rambler American L head had no full flow filter. The factory installed bypass filter was no good. I tossed it and installed a Frantz oil cleaner. The oil turned clear and stayed clear. That was in 1963. I didn't find out about the Motor Guard until 1966. In therory a MG-750 should have about the same filtering ability as 15 Motor Guards or Frantzes in parallel.
The center pull paper towels are a lot more concentrated than regular paper towels with a huge size advantage. My Ford diesel has no full flow filter. The oil goes from the oil pump into the 750. The restricter orifice is drilled out. I don't lose any sleep worrying about the oil bypassing the filter on my engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back