Editing a post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone address the topic of editing a post? I've seen the topic in the "Board issues" section on how to edit a post... but it doesn't work (for me).

chairs.gif
(Help!)

I can't believe I'm unable to figure this out. OK, here's how I understand how this incredibly simple yet mystifying procedure works:

(1) Create a post and submit it.
(2) Notice something with your post you want to change/edit.
(3) Click "Reply" on your own post.
(4) In the URL field, replace "newreply.php" with "editpost.php".
(5) Type newly edited post into post field. Add smilies and graemlins as needed.
(6) Click "continue" at bottom of page.
(7) Enjoy edited post.

What am I missing? I've tried this maybe 10 times and it's never worked for me.

I think where you went haywire is in step (5)

You should see your whole old post in either a new tab or same window depending on how your browser is configured. Make your changes and hit "change this post" then "continue" (if your have preview selected)

Last edited:
call geek squad...lol

you will see it right in the the middle of the address in your location bar. just backspace it out and put "editpost" and hit enter.

HERE
theoildrop.server101.com/forums/newreply .php?Cat=0&Board=UBB8&Number=815389&page=0&what=showflat&fpart=1&vc=1

NOW like this
theoildrop.server101.com/forums/editpost .php?Cat=0&Board=UBB8&Number=815389&page=0&what=showflat&fpart=1&vc=1

Last edited:
Quote:

call geek squad...lol

you will see it right in the the middle of the address in your location bar. just backspace it out and put "editpost" and hit enter.

The "AND HIT ENTER" (after editing the url with the "editpost" text) is the cricial step that no one seemed to have mentioned (until now). It makes a lot of difference!

getdown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back