AUTO - RX: Does it do what it claims??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I can't believe some of the stuff some people say in these posts....

I agree. No need for pounding. It's everyone's choice whether to use a product or not. That said I notice there's a lot of "seems", seemed to" and "probably" in your post. In a nut shell that's why I won't use the product again, especially at the price. I've seen no actual proof it does anything anymore than the "seems to work" proof millions who use similar products claim.

Thanks for being polite Socom. I agree that I have no actual proof that Auto-RX works. But the small seal leak on my car did stop leaking after I did an Auto-RX cleaning. I had been changing the oil and oil filter every 3000 miles and I didn't have that much mileage on the car so I can't believe that the engine was that dirty inside. Maybe there was some buildup of stuff on the seals.

There was a poster here in the past who was a mechanic and specialized in mostly Toyota cars and trucks. He seemed believable in his posts and he said that Auto-RX seemed to work in used cars and trucks that had sludged up engines. He said that one vehicle engine he used it in (I can't remember if it was a car or truck but it was a Toyota vehicle) was so badly sludged up he figured the engine would have to be replaced. But after the Auto-RX cleaning the engine ran well again.

Terry who does oil analysis also said that Auto-RX works which also influences that decision to use Auto-RX.

Is Auto-RX really necessary? I have no idea. If a new car or truck from the time it is bought receives reasonable quality oil and reasonable mileage/time oil changes, and if the vehicle is sound with no leaking seals and not a sludge monster, certainly that vehicle could be driven many miles without Auto-RX. Especially if a person is using good quality synthetic oil it should be possible to drive a very long ways with no problems. I you buy a used car or truck that has sludge buildup or a leaking seal I don't think it hurts to try Auto-RX. A high mileage vehicle may benefit from Auto-RX.

When I first became a member at this web site people were talking about Auto-RX but also Neutra. Bob himself said that Neutra could be used 500 miles or so before an oil change to clean an engine.

There have been so many guys at the web site who have said that Auto-RX seemed to help their vehicle engines that I have become fairly convinced that Auto-RX works. Again, it is not a miracle product that will repair damaged engine parts. But it appears that it cleans engine internals and stops seal leaks.

Considering the cost of a bottle of Auto-RX a person could do maintenance doses on anengine and the bottle would last 1 or 2 years depending on how many oil changes a person did in a year. Seems fairly inexpensive to me. Or you could do an Auto-RX cleaning once every 25,000 or 50,000 miles. Again, fairly inexpensive.

do any stores carry auto-rx?

wondering if i should bother using it on my 92 Galant with 140k on the clock...slight oil burning (not much more than my 2001 F150 5.4L) and/or leak...hate to free some sludge that's sealing the motor.

Good grief. Reading this post is painful, with all the nonsense directed at each other.

ARX works for some people, but it doesn't work for everyone.

ARX is a cleanser. Cleansers won't remedy mechanical issues, reverse wear, or improve something that is already clean. Use it with that understanding.

If the engine or transmission is reasonably clean and tight, chances are it won't produce a dramatic improvement. But if you have leaks, sludge, compression or consumption issues, or shifting issues in a transmission caused by contaminants, it can help.

I can only speak for my own experience. I've seen it improve consumption and stop leaks on higher mileage vehicles that had a problem. I've used it as a preventative on lower mileage vehicles that didn't have a problem, and the engine did not suddenly or dramatically change in performance. Nor did I expect it to.

The best approach to this product is to first try it if you have a problem to remedy. If it works, then you have a basis for further trust. If it doesn't, then you have their money back guarantee.

Quote:

Actually, it CAN improve wear numbers in normal cars....lol.

I just finished a 7000 km run with QS Synthetic 5W-30 where I added 3 oz of ARX at the beginning of the run, based on info on Franks website. Since I have 3 (or 4) UOA on this same oil for the same OCI, it will be interesting to see what effect ARX had. HOWEVER...the wear numbers in my engine have been really low all along anyway. So I don't know if it is fair to expect ARX to lower them even further. We'll see what the UOA brings.

I am working on new (clearer applications formats) know mine and add-on's by well meaning people have been convuluded.

We took instructions from our printing plant experiences and tried to convert them to automotive.

Until instructions are uploaded on web site if you have any questions especially on seal leaks-oil burning e-mail me and I will try and make Auto-Rx Application a good experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back