Anti Rust Spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm looking for a spray can filled with something that will keep metal from rusting. Something that lasts long term, and isn't greasy. Something much better than wd40 or white lithium grease. Also it should be plastic friendly. Any suggestions?

Thanks

What form does Waxoxyl come in, it seems that the classic car forums have people who swear by this. Is that in a spray?

What's the application? I use a product called TopCote on all the unpainted cast iron parts of my woodworking machinery (table saw tables, jointer tables, planer tables, etc.,) as well as C-clamps. Stops rusting even in my unheated barn/shop, where weather changes occasionally make the concrete floor quite damp.

Check out TZ-11. I picked mine up at a True-Value store and is definitely plastic friendly and particularly effective in the rust prevention arena.

Better than WD-40? Might be tougher to find one than than you think.
wink.gif

Brownell's did a field test on rust preventatives and WD-40 worked as well as Boeshield T9 and much better than many others...

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/NewsletterArchive.aspx?p=0&t=1&i=503

I am kinda scared now. I just coated my entire car underneath with Amsoil Heavy Duty MP. Car smells interesting now
laugh.gif
I am just wondering how well it will be protected gainest the wrath of PennDOT...

I am doing a test with the Amsoil HD MP. Sprayed it on last night and then drove through the rain this morning. The areas I treated were dry and clean, now to see how long it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back