Pentosin CHF 11S oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my search for a quality synthetic Power Steering Fluid, I came across this brand. It's alot for the money! I was wondering if any body here have any experience using this? If you do how long does it last? Is it worth the $$$? Does it work with the oil that's already left over from a flush?

Pentosin CHF 11S is VAG's G002000 used in all VW/Audi. Even if it's expensive the relabeled VAG fluid costs more...

In a 1997 Q45 with 56652 miles. OR, later in a 2004 Mercury. I was looking for a full syn PSF and this one came up.

This is what I have about the oil didn't realize it was vehicle specific.

"Pentosin CHF 11S is a special synthetic hydraulic fluid with a temperature range -40° C up to min. 130° C., within which perfect operating is guaranteed. Due to this fact Pentosin CHF 11S is especially suitable for a variety of hydraulic network and steerings of latest vehicle developments, where the applied fluid has a direct influence on safety and driving comfort. Pentosin CHF 11S guarantees a perfect operation of all hydraulic systems, such as power steering, rear axle steering, level control, hydropneumatic suspension, shock absorbers, active damping of engine fixtures, hydrostatic drive for fan, generator and air condition, stability and traction systems (ABS/ASR/ASC), electrohydraulic cabriolet top actuation, central locking systems etc. Pentosin CHF 11S is therefore not only used in many vehicles of well known european automotive manufacturers, but also in engines of agricultural and other special vehicles. 1 Liter."

Latest Volvos use it too. I have seen it written both ways where some say it is compatible to mix with other fluids, and some say it isn't.

The Saab 93's power steering system calls for CHF 11S.

The manual says that GM power steering fluid (the same stuff that most GM vehicles take) can be used for top-up.

Pentsosin is worth the money. Its an ultra high VI synthetic PSF. Some that require it also spec DexronIII and other generic PSFs. Because of that, I feel that it is fully compatible with any PS system. It is the best for colder weather, eh!

Another option is the SpecialtyFormulations, Redline, and Royalpurple, synthetic PSFs. And, I find that most synthetic ATFs work extremely well in place of generic OEM or regular PSF without the cost of the Pentosin($25 a quart).

Pentosin is by far the best spec'd PSF.
IMO, Redline PSF comes in 2nd. Both Redline and Pentosin are thin and might be noisy with old tired PS pumps.

For racing or those who live in the southern states, the SF HPS-glide and RP Max-eze are the fluids to consider. They are thicker then typical PSF's.

Regular synth ATF is good for most of us! IMO, Redline D4 and Mobil1 are awesome in every domestic/import that I've used them in. And, Mobil1 ATF is available everywhere.

Synpower, Lubegard, and other PSFs are also worth considering.

Fuchs TITAN ZH 4300 B has the same MB and VW/Audi approvals as Pentosin CHF 11S and is cheap(er).

Did you mix the two? The previous version was CHF 7.1, which was compatible to mix with ATF. However, I read that CHF 11S (synthetic) was totally different than CHF 7.1 (mineral). Don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Quote:

Did you mix the two? The previous version was CHF 7.1, which was compatible to mix with ATF. However, I read that CHF 11S (synthetic) was totally different than CHF 7.1 (mineral). Don't know for sure.

I belive it just the viscosity that's different between the two CHF's.

These various PS fluids cause differing amounts of seal swell of the elastomeric seals used in PS systems. You can't simply substitute one for another and expect it to work, even if the viscometrics are better than the OEM fluid.

TS

Quote:

These various PS fluids cause differing amounts of seal swell of the elastomeric seals used in PS systems. You can't simply substitute one for another and expect it to work, even if the viscometrics are better than the OEM fluid.

TS

Is this to say that this particular brand of Pentosin is not compatiable with the other brands (Redline, Amsoil or Mobil 1 or OEM's)thats currently in use for PS fluid?

DG, that is my take on it. The CHF 11S is very good fluid. Why pollute it with anything else? It is expensive, but it does not take much. I have seen it online for <$20. Better to be safe than sorry.

Quote:

DG, that is my take on it. The CHF 11S is very good fluid. Why pollute it with anything else? It is expensive, but it does not take much. I have seen it online for

Well some of us (myself) will use the Turkey baster method. So some pollution from previous oil will have an effect. I'm just tring to figure out will it be for the good or detrimental?

I just used Valvoline SynPower PSF. In my old Audi that takes CHF 11S, I only has 1/2q of it and used the clear thin VSP mixed with it. VSP is 7cSt and sold as a cold-weather product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back