Favorite Cheap-o Beer/Lager

Status
Not open for further replies.
My preferences are the same as my friend grm386wa.

My favorite is Miller Lite and next is Coors light and I prefer them both in cans or on draft if at a bar. I can drink bottles if I have to but I think beers taste better in cans.

My cheap alternative is Milwaukee's Best light which is $10 a case at the grocery store.

I like PBR, Coors original, and Miller High Life as well but I try to avoid the extra calories.

I don't enjoy any beers that are dark, thick, or european.

I am a thin, watery, domestic beer kinda fellow.

Because there is no shortage of selection, I usually reach for the 6 -8 dollar microbrew/import, I certainly enjoy ice cold bud or BL (Bud light), PBR, or Coors. Tecate is good and cheap too. Sometimes I can get 30-pak bud cans for 12-14 dollars at the grocery store. My local Grocery Outlet ("Bargains Only!") usually has weird beer I've never heard of in the 2.99 a sixer bracket.
freak2.gif
cheers.gif

When i'm on a budget i'll get a case of Miller or Black Label. I just bought a case of original Coors.

I think Heinekin is slightly overmarketed/overpriced. I think Becks is better and Pauli girl is as good.

If im in a store that has a large selection, I like to buy something that is odd and different, yet reasonably priced.

Recently I found the Brazilian Brahma beer, and really like it:
http://www.brahma.com/

JMH

I would rather drink 1/2 as much good beer than drink cheap beer.

The are too many good micro and craft brews around to waste your life drinking ****.

quote:

Originally posted by AcuraTech:
"We've got both kinds of beer here. Bud and Bud Light."

(Adapted from similar quote in Blues Brothers movie)

Or in this area, Miller Genuine Draft and Miller light.
rolleyes.gif
I also can't stand light beer. Sam Adams is my current favorite "light" beer, Otherwise I go for dark stuff.

Ok, must chime in here.

For you domestic light beer drinkers, try a taste of Blue Moon.

Its actually a pretty darn good brew.

If your wife or lady friend really doesnt LIKE beer but drinks it occasionally, she will definately like this one.

And this comes from a DIEHARD domestic light beer guy.
Im strictly a Coors Light followed by Miller Lite followed by Bud Light guy....

Philadelphia used to have a particular brewery, [something] bell. Maybe it was red bell. Anyway it was a microbrewery style beer with a domestic price. Apparently it never made it. But it was nice while it lasted.

The Yards brewery puts out some great beer, but it's priced like other micros.

Haven't had one in years, but back in the old days we drank Bud Longnecks- real longnecks, in a waxed heavy-duty cardboard case box, deposit *and* bottle opener required. No sissy twist-off-cap 6-pack imitation longnecks for us, nosiree!
wink.gif

BTW: My Swiss Army knife was very popular.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by PRND3L:
Natural Ice baby! 5.9% alc./vol. and $5.49 per twelve pack rules the cheap beer roost IMO.

Oh my gosh.. I work at a conveniance store and we're always out of Natural light. I drank it and it taste like water. I don't get what's so special about it...

Anyways, cheap beer , my fav is Budwieser Select.

Miller High Life. Like no other.

Miller also just reintroduced Hamms. Six pack of cans for 3.99 and it is surprisingly not bad for the price.

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
Blue Moon is some great beer! Especially with a lemon or orange wedge. Sunshine wheat is similar and tasty as well.

I think you're in the wrong thread.

Blue Moon is $10 for 6 bottles. Do you mean Sunset Wheat from LinenKugels?

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Duff Extra Gold, Barney Gumble's favorite brew!

Barney: Hello, my name is Barney Gumble, and I'm an alcoholic.
Lisa: Mr Gumble, this is a girl scouts meeting.
Barney: Is it, or is it you girls can't admit that you have a problem?

quote:

Originally posted by HappyHyundai:

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
Blue Moon is some great beer! Especially with a lemon or orange wedge. Sunshine wheat is similar and tasty as well.

I think you're in the wrong thread.

Blue Moon is $10 for 6 bottles. Do you mean Sunset Wheat from LinenKugels?

Someone had mentioned it earlier in this thread. My bad. But, the liquor store down the street is going out of business and beer is 30% off, so it's cheap for me!

$10??? Jimminy, it's only $6.99 here without the sale.

I thought this thread was about cheap beer? I am drinking Cooks. I think they have sort of ripped off Coors with a long tail on the ''C'' going the length of the name. It is $8 for a case of 24 twelve oz cans. Not bad, sort of the old Black Label flavor I always liked.

quote:

Originally posted by skate1968:
When i'm on a budget i'll get a case of Miller or Black Label. I just bought a case of original Coors.

I think Heinekin is slightly overmarketed/overpriced. I think Becks is better and Pauli girl is as good.

If you haven't tried Heinekin in the can, try it. It's much better than the bottled stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back