Let's talk beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonights beer is Konig Ludwig Weiss Royal Bavarian Hefe-Weizen. Brewed in Kaltenberg, Bavaria. Then importesd into U.S.A by Warsteiner Iporter Agncy Ic. Cincinatti Ohio. How it got to Australia at my corner shop is a mystery A cloudy wheat but very good IMO.

Yes, Hillclimber

Pilsner Urquell was the first golden ale.
cheers.gif
beer2.gif
cheers2.gif

Quote:

Yes, Hillclimber

Pilsner Urquell was the first golden ale.
cheers.gif
beer2.gif
cheers2.gif

This was my favorite imported beer, back in the days when I consumed great quantities of beer with my friends. As I recall, it is aged in limestone caves. Those days are thankfully far behind me. Not that I don't enjoy a good beer (or several) from time to time, but in those days it was everything in excess.

I like Blue Moon. Of course, I like any white beer! But I really do like that one. I think that I shall now go grab a Hoegaarten, seeing as I'm in the ball-park, so to speak.

John.

Quote:

Quote:

Check out the Fine Living channel they are talking about the first golden colored beer. Anyone want to guess what beer that is? It was brewed in Prauge.
cheers.gif
cheers2.gif

Pilsner Urquell??

That would be correct.

I have a clone of that on tap out in the workshop right now. Only have about 4 gallons left.

It turned out pretty good for my first try at lager. It's a little bit sweet but the singlular flavor of the grains really is front and center.

The head is full and creamy, long lasting, and almost a bright white.

We went to Bayern Stube German restaurant in Gibson City central Illinois for my wife's birthday last week. Had a litre of Bitburger pils from the tap to go with my ribeye steak. Oh my goodness, was it delicious! They also had Kotzritzer black lager and Spaten pils on tap.

cheers.gif

Quote:

We went to Bayern Stube German restaurant in Gibson City central Illinois for my wife's birthday last week. Had a litre of Bitburger pils from the tap to go with my ribeye steak.

What's a beer from Rhineland doing in an allegedly Bavarian place? That's blasphemy. And "Köstritzer" is from Thuringia, which at least borders Bavaria. Having a non-Bavarian beer at a Bavarian place is illegal -- and if it isn't, it certainly should be.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back