Castrol's Response on Production Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

vad

I sent them an e-mail asking how to decipher their batch numbers.
Here's the response, revised by me a little to make it more readable.

"Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

You can determine the date of manufacture by locating the fill code on the bottom of the back panel.
It is composed of a series of letters and numbers, with the first five characters being the most important.

For example, if you have M04023...., the "M" would represent the plant location.
The five digits '04023' represent the date of production.
The number 04 represents the last digit of the year (2004) and the '023' represents the day of the year, based on 365 calendar days, on which it was produced (January 23).

Therefore Lot# M040236ATW2418346 16:38
was manufactured on January 23rd of 2004.
"

Very useful! Thanks.
cheers.gif

if "M" is the plant location- now I want to go look at the USA bottles and see if they all come from the same plant, lol.

All the US made stuff I saw I believe started with the letter "M" IIRC.

Strange.

Regards,

Rich

My understanding is that the US and German made stuff does come from the same plant location because it designates the bottling plant, not the plant where the oil was produced.

You guys need to listen to the Elfe Meister.
smile.gif
This is how I explained it with the exception of the M...I did not know what that represented.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I'm not sure what his member number is, but here is a picture of Hammy Hamster.
smile.gif

-

This is incredible!...I saw this little guy scurrying North on I-75 with a bottle of GC strapped firmly on his back...of course, when I saw that I HAD to stop and see if he would like to ride...as he climbed into the car he was huffing and puffing and muttering..."I puff, puff must puff, puff get this puff, puff to Patman" alas I did not have my passport so I had to let him off in Toledo..
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back