New - Fleetguard Complete ES

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

Stinky what is the application of this coolant?

Expected lifespan compared to EC-1 (300,000 mi to extender / 600,000 mi total life)?

Gene
(A current EC-1 coolant user)

Hi Gene

This is Fleetguard's partial organic extended life heavy duty diesel coolant that is supposed to last indefinitely with periodic replacement of the ES filter (there is lots of info at their website). From what I've seen it does perform very well although I don't have any long term data. One fleet that I work with is using it and they have been to go much longer than the recommended interval on precharged filter changes. They always seem surprised when I tell them not to do anything other than resample every 2-3 oil changes.

Mark

we use this stuff in our IH tractors and have had no problems. about 6 months ago i drained the dexcool out of my pickup and put this stuff in and have been very pleased with it since it no longer needs topping off. i would have to topoff the tank about every month with the dexcool.

i have a question though. what are the silicate levels in the fleetquard compleat ES EG coolant?
i was reading the tech page on this product on the fleetquard site and it says it has 'low' silicate levels. my owners manual says that i shouldnt have 'any' silicate in the coolant.

[ June 23, 2005, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: steiner43511 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back