Best oil for 2004 Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GF bought a new 2004 Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0 I6. I had the oil changed at 1k, and 3k with Castrol GTX 10w30. At 6k I put in Amsoil S3k 5w30 HDD just because I had alot of it laying around. She drives the Jeep 55 miles each way to work and back so the oil gets plenty warm. I plan on running synthetic with extended drains but would like to know what you guys think would be best in this engine. S2k 0w30? S3k 5w30 HDD? At the rate she puts miles on this thing
gr_eek2.gif
I think I'll have a few UOA's a year, which is O.K. by me
grin.gif
. Of course all the other lubes will get swapped with synthetic.

biggthumbcoffe.gif

The wife bought a new Cherokee 4.0 in 1999 and we used Amsoil 10W-30 with good results. Changed oil once a year and the filter at 6 months, just like Amsoil suggests. The Jeep had approx. 14,000 miles put on it per year. The engine was very clean when we traded it a few months ago on the new Durango. BTW, the 4.0 is one of the best engines made today and should hold up very well.
cheers.gif

I was using Mobil 1 10W-30 in my 2001 TJ 4.0L but just switched to Delvac 1 5W-40 after doing some viewing on this board about this oil...call me crazy but I feel my mileage has gone up a smidge
dunno.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back