My Favorite gun oil and the best out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe is FP-10. (www.fp10.com)

George over there is great people and designs/manufactures the stuff himself. It can also be purchased under the Shooter's Choice brandname.

If I could only have one CLP it would be Eezox. Eezox appears to protect against corrosion much better than FP-10. Per. FP-10's testing, FP-10 lubricates better than Eezox.

Hello all!! Been lurking for a while, 1st post. Great forum.

Both FP10 and Eezox are very good products. I use them both and am very happy.

FP10 is nice because there are no solvents or other potentially nasty ingredients. It's about the best (and safest) lube you can get.

I really like the dry properties of Eezox, so I use it on most of my handguns. It is a decent cleaner because of the Trichloroethelene solvent, but this stuff is not the most people friendly. From what George @ MPC said, the primary ingredients are Phthalates. From what I have researched, these are non-biodegradable diesters that do seem to give good lubrication.

FIY: George left MPC ~ a year ago. When I called to make an order just a couple of weeks ago, Sharron (pres.) confirmed this. They are still a great company, and FP10 is tops. I ordered some of their automotive products to try out as well. Anybody use MT-10 in their car??

All I use for gun oil is SUper Tech 75W-140 full synthetic gear oil. I've let other people use it and the immediately commented about how slick the stuff is.

Hey guys, neat topic. I have never had an opinion. but my dad has often doused his rifle with kerosene claiming it is solvent like for cutting the crud but also leaves a protective film. I don't care for this idea as I think it will collect crud as much as help. I had a issue with an automatic of mine (mechanical, non- lube related_) and brought it to a good gunsmith. He agreed with my take on the kerosene, and he suggested the Rem - lube with the teflon. His concern is staying slippery at cold (deer hunting in Minnesota) and the teflon works well for that.

klr

klr: Remoil just seemed to thin for me so I stopped using it.

According to their MSDS it contains %51 volatiles (mineral spirits) which is the amount of product that goes into the air. It's not a bad cleaner though with that kind of base. The oil appears to be ordinary distilled product but they are not saying. I don't get too excited about PTFE products, but I would look at Mil comm lubes if that is what you are after.

I really wish Gun Butter would put out some useful information/MSDS. Their website is packed with buzzword gobldy-gook. "Micro-mono layer"...what's that?

And degrease your gun before putting Gun butter on, but only put it on the places we tell you? They are welcoming corrosion with open arms.

quote:

During extreme conditions re-apply to barrel tip and hood and a dab in the exposed slide rails at the back of pistol, while in a slide – lock position, about every four stages or so.

4 stages is extreme use??

quote:

Rust protection for 100% relative humidity in excess of two years, no rust.

Testing method/documented results please.

quote:

Shake well before each day’s usage

PTFE? Could be, but just a guess.

I don't really use an all-in-one product anymore. Use Blue Wonder GC and their Armadillo wax and Disotec lubricant. All their products are user friendly and biodegradeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back