LiquidCosworth lubricants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone performed a VOA or even a UOA on their range of engine lubricants yet? Tried searching but not much info. can be gleaned from past threads on this subject. I love Cosworth for their engineering and I'm thinking that the same high standards are probably used on their lubricants as well
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
I'll have a UOA shortly on a 402 stroker motor in a 04 GTO for the board.....

Come to think of it....when I get home I'll send a VOA to Blackstone of the Cosworth 5-40....dont mind "donating" for the good of the board....

quote:

quote:

I'll have a UOA shortly on a 402 stroker motor in a 04 GTO for the board.....

Come to think of it....when I get home I'll send a VOA to Blackstone of the Cosworth 5-40....dont mind "donating" for the good of the board....

Thank you sir!
cheers.gif

Moderator: Why was this thread moved to the "RACING ENGINES/CARS" forum? I believe it is meant to be a discussion of Cosworth's oil, and isn't really race-car specific.

Thanks AndyH,I'am curious about Liquid Cosworth also. Great people in my phone talks with them. I'll be ordering some soon. The group 4&5 blend is interesting.

Yes Moderator, why was the topic moved here??

quote:

Originally posted by AndyH:
Moderator: Why was this thread moved to the "RACING ENGINES/CARS" forum? I believe it is meant to be a discussion of Cosworth's oil, and isn't really race-car specific.

This is a race car oil, not a run of the mill PCMO. This is the race car forum including oils. We try to place the threads where they are most appropriate.

No offence but Smokey Yarnik did very well in many of his races, but does that automatically imply that the motor oil (advertisements) he endorsed are "just as good"?

LOL!

Just saw the UOA from the distributor in the VOA section.
Oil looks completely streetable. Between the Calcium and Magnesium it should have plenty of TBN and Redline levels zddp. Can you say Moly. Should be compatible for extended drain street use though it obviously isn't SM, at least at this 10w40 viscosity anyway. It will be nice to see what Blackstone says. Are you getting TBN?

Smokey Yarnick?!?!? its Yunick. get it straight. and smokey tested oil in perhaps the most state of the art lab in the world. his own shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back