Supertech all models coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you really use Supertech "all makes, all models" in any vehicle with good results? It claims 5 years/150,000 miles but is this stuff really the same as prestone? I was wondering if supertech will do any harm to a chrysler vehicle that says to use a "hoat" coolant, there is a redish coolant in there now.

I heard it is made by Prestone and dyed green. I personally wouldn't use it in a vehicle requiring G-05 or the old style green coolant. G-05 can be used in old style green cooling systems.

I've been using it for almost a year now in my 02 Sienna with no problems(still looks new).

Using it in an RSX and F150, looks good to me. I drain and fill the radiators every 10K-20K so I like the price and convienence of the Supertech 50/50. Biggest problem for me is local Wally World can't keep it on the shelf!

it is the same stuff that Advanced Auto Parts sells in their yellow jugs...Prestone yellow coolant; I just flushed and filled my 99 Subaru Forester and used the generically packaged Prestone coolant; I haven't seen any indications of problems

Quote:

it is the same stuff that Advanced Auto Parts sells in their yellow jugs...Prestone yellow coolant; I just flushed and filled my 99 Subaru Forester and used the generically packaged Prestone coolant; I haven't seen any indications of problems

Agreed its the same stuff chemically made by prestone package differently, I used it on my Tundra after a full flush of the OEM coolant anyone switching should clear out all the old stuff.

Everyone please post all vehicles that everyone has used supertech all models coolant in and what brand is required by manufacturer (examper toyota super long life pink, dexcool, G-05, etc)

All the cars I've switched over have called for the old-school green:

'98 Windstar, '96 Saturn, and two '94 SHO's.

Middle of the '96 year however, Saturn switched to Dex-cool with no modifications in the engine/cooling system.

I had the ST in a 98 beetle for about 2 or 3 years, but then it was totaled last month. So much for the needing to use VW G-12 coolant.

I have it in my 2003 Saturn ION. I put it in last year with an equal amount of distilled water, and it works fine.

I'm replacing it anyway, because I just don't trust Dexcool to last that much longer than regular green.

It is the same, it just has the adaptive dye, so that it will match the factory coolant. Excellent for people who have both GM and Toyota cars in their garage.

The coolant comes out yellow, but after it touches any trace of factory coolant, it turns the same color as the factory coolant.

Pour it in a car that had orange coolant, and the stuff turns orange. Pour it in a car with red coolant, and the stuff turns red. Any color coolant will match as well.

Very interesting. I had no idea such a thing existed.
cheers.gif

Quote:

The coolant comes out yellow, but after it touches any trace of factory coolant, it turns the same color as the factory coolant.

Pour it in a car that had orange coolant, and the stuff turns orange. Pour it in a car with red coolant, and the stuff turns red. Any color coolant will match as well.

confused.gif

It sure didn't do that in my Vibe with the pink Toyota coolant. Turned a pinkish green on first drain and fill, then more green on 2nd d and f, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back