Need more ethelyne glycol, should i use this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 97 z28 camaro and i just changed my water pump, thermostat, and flushed out everything including the block. Well, the people at the store told me to get 2 gallons of peak lifetime 50/50 compatible with all makes an models. I used the two gallons and it wasnt enough so i added about half a gallon of water to the mix. I used my hydrometer and only 3 of the 5 balls were floating which means the freezing point is 5degrees celsius which could be dangerous.

So i have 1.5gal water and 1 gallon antifreeze. I looked in my garage and found some Clark Gas station brand that says safe for all metals, and cars. It is straight antifreeze so i was wondering if i should add half a gallon of that or buy better stuff. I don't know how good that stuff is and i dont want it to hurt my system. Will it perform just as good as the peak 50/50 thats in there?

There is a lot of things that you "could" do, but only one thing you "should" do. Get some of the same antifreeze you just put in, but the 100% stuff, not the 50% stuff.

Yeah, thats what i thought guys. Ill get the good stuff. I found this in my garage and i was wondering about it. I dont think it would hurt anything but itd be better just to get the real stuff.

coming in a bit late here, but i have had trouble with my hydrometer reading dexcool (and dexcool blends). a 50/50 mixture (mixed with a measuring cup for testing purposes) does read on the high side according to the tester.

try the tester on the 50/50 mix straight from the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back