Frame mounted bypass filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you with frame mounted bypass filters, have you ever had a problem from any debris from the road damaging a filter or oil line, etc.?

Also, have any of you fabricated any sort of shield to protect the filter(s)?

Thanks

There was a post of a Saab that had the oil pan destroyed by something on the road. It was a few months ago. He had pictures also. I guess anything can happen but you can't prevent everything. I would worry more about a oil line puncture or a rock through the radiator.
dunno.gif

I have a frame mounted TP filter and a Racor Fuel/Water Separator with a plastic fuel bowl on the bottom. I don't use a shield of any type. This is on my 95 Ford F-250 PSD. Never a problem and they have been on since 1995.

smile.gif

Yes, anything can happen ...I think about anything exposed below the frame (whatever) too....but then I look at my son's beater Neon ..and the entire car is about 5" lower than everything else in the fleet. It hasn't hit anything in its 100+k history looking at the undercarrige.

Your installation, aldive, is sitting well into the comfort zone and outside the "asking for it" realm. Unless you decide to go mud bogging or rockcrawling and plan on getting high centered, you should be very confident about your installation.

This is a picture of the engine oil bypass filter mounted under the drivers seat, with large washers inside.

-

[ January 26, 2005, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

This is a frame mounted, in-line on the return line, transmission Full Flow with the Emerging Enterprises Forcefield magnet.

-

quote:

Originally posted by aldive:

Also, have any of you fabricated any sort of shield to protect the filter(s)?

Thanks

Kind of like this?

-

Mine is mounted in the grill so I don't have to worry too much. I've had a few guys mount them on the frame with this. It's big enough to hold an SDF26 and a BE100.

quote:

Originally posted by aldive:
How has the magnet performed?

Have you collected any metal with it?

Thanks ....

I have only had the Forcefield on for 4K miles. The full flow has been on the vehicle since new. I have changed elements. The last change, I added the Forcefield. I will get an analysis next year. The Forcefield can be used with any Full Flow Filter for engines, transmission etc. It has to be matched with the Full Flow. They don't make one for my PSD, but they do for my Mazda, and I have one on it also.

smile.gif

[ January 26, 2005, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back