Returing oil to the valve cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Amsoil BMK-11 single bypass unit on my Toyota v6 4runner, and the return line is going into the valve cover.My question is that so far there is no smoking or oil consumption, do you think I would be allright leaving the set up the way it is or maybe I should figure out another way to return the oil?
confused.gif

I would recommend get the Perma-Cool Sandwich adapter. It's much easier the setup.

You can get it from summitracing.com and they are cost about 20 dollars + shipping.

Why would this create any problems? The bypass filters the oil and it should not matter if it is to the valve cover or the oil pan.

quote:

Originally posted by N2OIL:
Why would this create any problems? The bypass filters the oil and it should not matter if it is to the valve cover or the oil pan.

In some cases, oil returned to the valve cover happens to be very near the PCV connection, is sucked into it, and burned. As long as the oil consumption is normal, no problem.

Ken

quote:

If the oil return nozzle in the valve cover just happenend to point at a valve stem - bookoo oil consumption.

If at all possible, I prefer to tap the nozzle at the front of the valve cover for obvious reasons.

So far the valve cover return is working fine, I called the tec. line at amsoil and I was told that returning to the valve cover is fine as long as the return is far enough away from the pcv, he also said that on over head cam motors there is so much oil in the valve area to start with that the small amount from the bypass filter will not make a difference.Just a side note, I saw a oil filter cutter to open up full flow filters at summit for 39.00 would be nice to open this filter up down the line to see what the media looks like
smile.gif

There are always the extreme cases where the oil is returned onto a leaky valve seal where the oil can be pulled into the intake, where a rocker arm can hit the fitting, near a gasket leak. The sandwich adapter is the most fool proof way if you have an engine that will take a sandwich adapter. I try to always use a sandwich adapter with a relief valve. I set up a Perma-Cool universal 189 sandwich adapter to fit the Cummins Dodge. I don't punch many oil pans. On an industrial Cummins 12 valve 5.9 at work it make a beautiful installation for the Motor Guard M-30.

Ralph
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back