Dixie Chopper Uses Amsoil By-pass filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.

Watched the American chopper last night, the built a chopper(motorcycle) using a Dixie Chopper(lawn mower) engine. I was a cool episode. The Dixie Chopper uses a V-Twin engine.

Though they didn't show the engine with an Amsoil By-pass last night, you can get a by-pass filter as an option.

Here is a link:

Dixie Chopper, The World's Fastest Lawn Mower

To quote from the Site:
quote:

Amsoil Filter: Filters out particles as small as cigarette smoke.

I guess that's good at reducing "ASH" deposits..
grin.gif

I can't think of a better application for by-pass filtration. Commercial mowers get heavy use, and removing sub micronic particles will help the engine last longer and run more effeciently over the life of that engine.

Also with extended drains on the equipment, the time saving will be the most valuable. Most lawn care workers can only do maintenance on the "rainy" days, as they are cutting day in and day out.

Believe me, I've done it.

Michael,
Talking to some of the folks running the Dixie Choppers was interesting. Perfect Circle (manufacturer) recommends changing the oil every 6 weeks or so, based on hours, but only changing the bypass element once a year. Those running AMSOIL were changing oil and filter yearly, and some had 8,000 or more hours on the engines without any problems.

On the other hand, we found some who were very pleased with themselves for discovering that the filter for a Dodge Cummins would fit the same threading. They could save $15-40 (depending on where they bought the Bypass element) or more every time they changed the filter. Some just never get it.

quote:

Originally posted by **** in Falls Church:
Michael,

On the other hand, we found some who were very pleased with themselves for discovering that the filter for a Dodge Cummins would fit the same threading. They could save $15-40 (depending on where they bought the Bypass element) or more every time they changed the filter. Some just never get it.

Just amazing, I guess some folks will never learn. Well at least even with a cummins filter your just getting more oil and filtering capability. Too bad your just not removing the wear cause particles in the 3-20 micron range.

I think they should show the inside of the filter maybe in some literature against a standard filter so folks would know that the by-pass filter is much more effecienct.

I would rather someone not change the by-pass filter than use a standard. I would be you could go at least 2-3 years in a small engine like that before you plug the BE110.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back