Deep Creep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use this stuff? I use it on almost everything.Throttle body cleaning,gun cleaning and lubing,rusted bolts/nuts,or anything that needs to be lubed.I prefer it over PB Blaster.
patriot.gif

I recently discovered Deep Creep and am getting to like it a lot. I mostly use it as a penetrant for rusted stuff and so far I think it is on par with PB Blaster which I also like. I will say that the Deep Creep smells a lot better than the PB!!

I know that it is just Seafoam in an aerosol can but it seems to work better as a penetrant than just Seafoam because of the bubbling action that you get which I guess is just a result of the aerosol-izing of it.

I have some and find it no better than wd-40 for general areosol spray oil uses.

Then again I have never had a problem with wd-40 when used as a "always handy/general purpose" lube.

quote:

Originally posted by tmorris1:
Yes, It it just SeaFoam in an aerosol can.

Yup...Deep Creep MSDS

~%50 "Pale oil" No CAS#s???
~%50 Solvents (Isopropanol & Naptha)

Pretty close to WD40, but with more oil (WD40=~%25 oil). I'm also not seeing any corrosion inhibitors (on the list anyway). Overall pretty boring to me.

Never mind; Deep Creep IS Seafoam in aerosol form. Says so right on the can and also indicates it is O2 sensor safe, just like liquid Seafoam.

According to the Seafoam rep, Deep Creep is just as been stated, Seafoam in an aerosol can. Trans Tune is Seafoam, dyed red, and is more potent/concentrated.

a little history on Seafoam.
in WW-2, the military wanted an all in one do everything chemical. Seafoam was created that met the military standards for lubrication, protecting, cleaning, etc.. it could be used in all aspects of mechanical devices.
The rep swears it is the exact same formula as it was in 1942, with the exception of Trans Tune.
the Bug-B-Gone that has the Seafoam name on it, has nothing to do with Seafoam itself. Seafoam bought the bug-b-gone and just put their name on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back