DuPont Teflon + Soluble Moly Dry lube spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else seen this product? Purchased it at Lowe's Home improvement store for less than $5 for about an 11 oz can. This stuff seems to be the 'real deal'!! And yes, I do have some of the Mobil 1 discontinued lube.

I had previously been using a product to lube the thowout bearing and clutch fork on my manual transmission, ZEP 45 with ptfe and some other stuff, but this DuPont stuff has my clutch shifting like it's brand new.

I bought it instead of the PB Blaster Garage Door Lube which people seem to like because the DuPont stuff says it's also good as a garage door lube. I lubed the track, rollers, springs, etc, and my garage door is MUCH quieter and smoother. Can't say, obviously, what the PB Blaster Garage door lube would have done.

Seems like we BITOG'ers have another lube to investigate!

Yes. I'm putting hardwood flooring in my house, real hardwood, and I sprayed the blade and the guide tracks on my Sears table saw with it last night. Blade goes thru the wood 'like butta'; definitely made a change.

I also saw (and bought) a can of something called RT-50, or something like that. It's made by a company called EZ-Glide out of San Bernadino, CA. I recall a few years ago using a great product called EZ-Glide (or something like that) but IIRC it was made by Elmers.
dunno.gif

I'll try that on something else. Ah, product testing......

I think I've been using something similar with good results. Let me go get the can.

The label is

"Teflon
MULTI-USE
Lubricant"

It's a wax-based lubricant (
smile.gif
)
sets up with a clean, dry, long lasting film which will not attract dirt.

Sound like the same stuff?

J

Yes, it's the same! I just checked my can and I can see the Jeff Gordon Number 24 tie-in!

Using it on 2 bikes this year, so far so good. Got the chains cleaned up real good before the start and they have remained clean (streetbikes). A finger wipe on the sprocket teeth show that there is lube staying with the metal. Picked up 2 more cans last trip to lowes because sure as sh if I like it they'll stop stocking it.

It's considered a dry lube but the carrier is pretty light solvent so you can get good peneration. I've got it to spray clear through control cables before it evaporates off.

I tried some of the DuPont dry lube and so far not impressed.

If you like the smell of Cosmoline this stuff is for you the stink never goes away.

My 96 Regal has the old stile torsion rods for the trunk lid springs and I can not find any lube that will stop them from squeaking.

quote:

My 96 Regal has the old stile torsion rods for the trunk lid springs and I can not find any lube that will stop them from squeaking.

Try Muscle Products Corp. SL10. I use it on my screw garage door opener...never ran better. I lubed the wheels/contact points on my 3 ton floor jack with it and have yet to here another squeak. It has a small amount of grease in it along with a very good oil and EP add. Very little smell, and reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back