Penetro =Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
After using Blaster for years I got my first cans of Penetro last week and proceeded to soak everything on the entire farm with it. Not only does it seem to penetrate on par with Blaster it smells much better for things like car door hinges, etc. The oil base makes it work longer and better as well for a lubricant. Great stuff, Schaeffer's.

Penetro really came through for me today. The variable-speed pulley on the 12-yr old MTD lawn tractor had frozen up on its shaft- should have pulled off easily, but would not turn one degree, or pull straight off at all.
freak2.gif
I soaked the top end with Penetro this afternoon while I went in search of information & parts. Came home about an hour later, s****ed out a little crud that had softened, sprayed again, and in about 10 more minutes, *Presto*! It turned, then easily pulled off the shaft. Saved me what could have been a *lot* of trouble.
grin.gif

Used it for a little more cleaning, found that the bottom set of needle bearings is toast.
tongue.gif
So I'll have to buy a new pulley assembly- but at least I know for sure that the old one can't be salvaged. And I didn't have to remove that @$%*&^# spring-loaded bracket the pulley shaft was on!
burnout.gif

where did you guys buy it from? did you have to buy a whole case or were you able to get it by the can? i really dont think i need an entire case.

I ordered 2 cans earlier today from ClearstreamcoDOTcom. Product was shipped within a couple of hours of my order, and is scheduled for delivery on 2/15. I guess I better figure out what to use it on first as a good test of it's lubricating power! Total cost is a little less than $24 including shipping.

Hope it's as good as advertised! Will report after use.

Voila! It has arrived.

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
ONTARIO,
CA, US 02/15/2007 10:08 A.M. DELIVERY
02/15/2007 5:53 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
02/15/2007 3:26 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS,
IL, US 02/12/2007 2:51 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
OAK CREEK,
WI, US 02/09/2007 11:46 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
GREEN BAY,
WI, US 02/09/2007 9:26 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/09/2007 8:20 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 02/09/2007 5:49 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Really fast, considering the distances involved.

Now, I'll have to do a search to find out all the suggested uses for this product, since it's gotten such rave reviews!

Now maybe I should order some Shaeffer's 132......

Penetro is very different from Kroil. Kroil is basically a solvent, while Penetro is oil-based with antimony and teflon mixed in. It works well as a lube on firearms and other mechanisms, and doesn't evaporate.

Quote:

Penetro is very different from Kroil. Kroil is basically a solvent, while Penetro is oil-based with antimony and teflon mixed in. It works well as a lube on firearms and other mechanisms, and doesn't evaporate.

So basically, Kroil would be better for breaking free rusted/frozen bolts/fasteners and Penetro would be good for actually lubricating things where it's difficult to apply lubricant directly to the part?

Max

Yep, Penetro is more of a lube than a penetrating oil. I use Kroil for cleaning mechanisms, it's a great solvent for firearm bores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back