Is Strike-Hold the best CLP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BITOG search came up null
dunno.gif
and the corporate website needs a professional make-over, but I've come across endorsements for this product from a few different sources. It appears to be a superior CLP, and was originally developed for military uses as de-rusting and lubing M-16 rifles (left pic). It now carries a new label (right pic) to attract a larger market. While I've yet to find it locally, it's available online and endorsed by fields such as firearms, aviation, farming, marine boating, fishing, electrical, etc.

It claims the product will not harm rubber, paint, wood, most plastics (whatever that means), gelcoats, neoprene, and has strong dielectric properties. This sounds like non-flammable "WD-40" with a residual lubricant. Anyone every try this stuff? It's like $10 a 16oz can...not cheap!

-
 -

Text from website: Strike-Hold is a fast acting penetrant that immediately cuts through dirt, rust, carbon, and scale to quickly get into metal parts that have become frozen by or encrusted with corrosion and oxidation. This product provides a long-lasting dry lubricant, which reduces friction and will not build up or become brittle. As a demoisturant, Strike-Hold helps dry out wet electrical gears and other water sensitive parts. As a protectant, this product provides a shield-like film against the effects of moisture and corrosion, even against salt water, while actually REPELLING SAND, DIRT AND DUST. Strike-Hold contains no CFCs or other ozone depleting substances. Strike-Hold is non-flammable and very safe to use as directed.

I've never used it, but when I followed a link off of one of the firearm-specific forums I found a test of rust preventatives. Strike Hold didn't do very well, and was easily outclassed by CorrosionX and Eezox.

If you go to The High Road dot org and search for the phrase "gun lube?" in subjects only you'll find a recent thread with the link in it.

Best,
Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back