75W-90 in 1 Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally ran out of some Tufoil that I've been using for awhile, for stuff like an old plain bearing Dremel tool, bathroom vent fans, etc., so I decided to try some Mobil 1 75W-90. So far it seems to work very well as a general purpose oil, and I've even started using it where I've tried to use spray grease in the past, like on scissor jacks, hood latches, etc. I guess a GL-4 synthetic gear oil would be safer for bronze bushings and such, so I'll refill the bottle with some of that when I run out as I have some left from refilling a tranny.

Someone posted here that gear oil may not be the best stuff to have around electric motors? But if it's workin for ya? what the heck

Mobil 1 75W90 also works very well on pruning shears. Corona sells little bottles of BreakFree to use on their traditional bypass pruners, loppers, etc., but the shears can get sticky pretty quick with some types of plants. The 75W90 lasts a lot longer between applications.

Mobil 1 75-90 works very well for my riding mower steering joints. My differentals take 1.6 quarts so I have 0.4 quart for my oil can.

The EP additives in gear oil could be corrosive to brass bearings in electric motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back