Rim Cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one do you guys recommend?

"Ive tried Armor all and they suck !!!

Meguiars are good.. I"m thinkin of tryin some Eagle one AtoZ all purpose cleaner.. but I've heard some say Simple green and elbow grease does well..

Whats the best one you know of? With as lil elbow grease as possible for aluminum rims?

Hey,

I've had good luck with Eagle One A-Z cleaner & Meguiars Gold Class. Not so good with their Hot Rims stuff, when I tried to shake it like it said on the label, it turned to foam & stayed that way.

I've not tried Simple Green but used the Orange Clean stuff by Greased Lightning @ Wall Mart, it does ok.

I had the same issue with the purple hot rims stuff too..
confused.gif

p21s

check google.

gentle and effective.

i also wax my wheels.

if they're just plain aluminum, without clearcoat, i'd reccomend never dull. in the silver tin, made by eagle one.

simple green works too.

never use anything harsh, which you already know.

I would warn anyone using Simple Green on aluminum components. A few years back, maintenance crews started using Simple Green on aircraft to cut the crud, but soon after they had some significant corrosion issues.

The Air Force Research Lab did some testing (and published a report, but I don't have the lab report number handy), and Simple Green failed all corrosion tests. Simple Green has since been prohibited for use on USAF aircraft.

I would suggest if you use it on aluminum rims, ensure you thoroughly rinse every part, crack, and crevice.

Most any wheel cleaner will work. In order to keep your wheels nice I would use any cheap off the shelf wax and give them a quick coat and wipe clean. This should allow them to be rinsed clean with plain water for a good month or so.

eagle one a-z works quite well for me. i use spray wax on my wheels for a little extra bit of love.

you might need a brush to help loosen the big chunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back