Fogging Oil Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having difficulty finding aerosol fogging oil to fog the intake of a carb'd car I'm laying up over the winter. What can I use that is readily available (WD-40 etc.)?

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by radtran:
I'm having difficulty finding aerosol fogging oil to fog the intake of a carb'd car I'm laying up over the winter. What can I use that is readily available (WD-40 etc.)?

Thanks

DO NOT USE WD-40.....

The best brand is the CRC Fogging fluid available off boatersworld.com

also the Gold Eagle/Stabil brand is pretty good too.

My choice is CRC hands down, if you are going stabilize your fuel I recommend MDR Stor-N-Start over Stabil, it doesn't have any alcohols.

Almost any place that sells boat motor parts will have a fogging oil. Last year I ran out of fogging oil and started using Schaeffer's Penatrol 90 on my outboard motor.

Save your money, fogging sprays are expensive, and get a bottle of Marvin Mystery Oil. When you look at the ingredients, it's all hydrocarbons. Instead of spraying inside the carb, just pour this stuff in directly. I've done this for years, as well as 1000's of other boaters, and have all great results. This stuff is a lot thicker than the fogging spray and, IMO, coats better and will adhere longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back