Crazy Penetrating oil idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just bear with me,

Last night I was reading over at the lube control site in the lab reports section.

Not only did I find some very useful things of how LC can be used but how you can make penetrating oil with it. It also says that the rust an corrosion will drip away and the threads on the nut and bolt will look like new with protection left behind.

The site says it can be mixed by volume to 70% DexronIII synthetic ATF to 30% LC.

Ok here's the gameplan for me, so please tell me if this is a good idea or not or if I'm just plain stupid......

I have about 1 gallon left of Amsoil ATF, my truck needing a good strong Fuel System cleaner that it does, I was thinking sometime in the not too distant future get a gallon of both LC and FP.

Use LC and my tranny fluid to mix the solution, would this work?? I know some of you are probably laughing with your heads falled back but I'm just brainstorming,,,,AR

I'm not exactly sure what you are mixing together, but if it is Amsoil ATF and LC you will end up with a good penetrating oil. I have tried this with both redline ATF & dino ATF and get a really useful product. I have used it as a penetrating oil on muffler bolts and as a anti-corrosive coating on steel parts.

If you plan to use the solution as a fuel system cleaner, I think you should reconsider.

Ray,

I'm aware that LC's primary function is to extend your engines OCI interval and keep it clean for superior lubrication.

I was just brainstorming some ideas since I know LC is a very universal product.

One other question, when somebody mentions there measuring by volume, what does one mean by that?? In otherwords, say you have a clean plastic jug, would you fill that with 70% ATF and the other 30% with LC?? Explanation needed, Thanks,,,,,AR

AR, this is not critical.

quote:

70% Lube Control and 30% synthetic Dexron III ATF by volume

As an example, if we had a 1 Liter beaker we would use 700 mL of LC and 300 mL of synthetic ATF.

For a gallon jug, one would need about 3 quarts (2.8 quarts to be exact) of LC and 1 quart synthetic (1.2 quarts) of ATF to yield approx. the same rust blaster/lubricant.

For a thinner rust blaster/lubricant for cold weather, you can do a 50/50 mix if desired.

This brew really works well on exhaust system and suspension system components.

Hey Molakule,

Thanks for the math configuring!

Seems like if you were to mix it thin enough it can be sprayed on from a 32oz spray bottle. For me that would be the easiest method anyway.

How do you calculate how much of each product would you need to make the solution or is it pretty lenient about how you do it?? Thanks for chiming in,,,,,,AR

AR,

I have not tried to thin it beyond 50/50, but try 3 quarts S ATF and 1 quart LC and let us know how it works. The thing is, even ATF by itself might not spray very well since it's a 7 cSt oil.

T-Keith,

It seems to diffuse right into the rust and loosen it. "Melt" isn't the proper term, but you can see rust dripping with the lubricant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back