Degreaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
We currently use a citrus based degreaser that is very expensive at the Organic Seed store. Like $85.00 per gallon for a 100% d-limolene product.

I noticed, of course after placing my order with Bob, that Schaeffer's has a product called Citrol II that is 99% d-limolene.

Anybody have any experience with this stuff? Does it have a shelf life?

neilw,
I bought a four gallon case of Zep Big Orange in 1987. I use it for general cleaning around the garage and vehicles and mix it 2 ounces to 1 gallon of water. So needless to say, I still have 1 gallon left. It is as good today as it was in l987, so I would say that the shelf life is over 15 years at the minimum on d-limonene products. This is only from personal experience.

Biodiesel is an excellent and biodegradeable cleaner and degreaser. It's used as an engine flush as well. Check www.journeytoforever.com

For something that foams and stays in place for a few minutes, AMSOIL's Power Foam is great.

Andy

In my misspent youth, I'd use diesel to start the job, then finish with a more expensive degreaser, or sometimes CT18 truck wash to remove the diesel residue.

There has been some recent developments in eucalyptus oil as a degreaser, and they've found that on the whole, it's as good as carbon tet, and biodegradable to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back