PB Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunno.gif
How about BP Blaster on firearms? Or protecting my sword collection?
dunno.gif

It might have ok cleaning qualities as a solvent...don't think I'd use it on my firearms though. As far as longterm protection no. I'd use a pastewax or something like Armadillo or a HD silicone spray.

I have also been using Yield, by Chemsearch. I have also used most their products, since I was a salesman and worked for them. Yield was the best product I had ever used. However, I now have found a product,that is at least 3 times better, and it came as a shock to me. It is called Royal Purple Maxfilm. I have an old car where my right door couldn't bee locked with the key, manually(it probably was rusted). It sat for more than two years. I tried CRC, WD40, Yield, Feed Way Extra and several other Chemsearch products. It never came loose. Until two weeks ago! I went to buy some RP engine oil, and the guy who sells it, told me about Maxfilm. I just said Ha,Ha and told him about Yield and the other products from Chemsearch. Since my car was just 10 yards away, I said to him that if it did loosen up the door, I would buy it. I took the bottle, sprayed it in the keyhole(like I had done with all the other stuff), waited 10 seconds and UNLOCKED the door. I really didn't expect this to happen. Well, I bought the spraycan, and it have made a big difference in the two cars we own, as well as the bikes and everything else that need lubrication. This is without doubt, the best penetrating and lubricating oil I have ever tried. Now, it is easy to work on the car.

PB Has saved me twice.

First my door latchs on my car like to freeze solid and seize up in winter. NOTHING wojuld free them, none of those "Ice melters", wd40, list goes on and on. I sprayed some PB into it and 5 minutes later it let me move the latch mechanizm and hasnt ever locked up on me again.

And just today I found my throttle lever on my transmission was rusted in place and wouldnt move. It was causing me terrible shifts and making driving downright dangerous(WOT shifted me into neutral due to it binding up). I sprayed it with blaster, it started to loosen up. Waited 2 hours came back hit it a few more times and its free in under 15 mins. Now it moves freely. Car is shifting better than ever!

Blaster is some awesom stuff. I like its smell btw, I know most people dont.

I used to like PB blaster. But it really stinks, ends up everywhere. It definently works tho.
I got enough Rust Reaper to last me a while. Smells much better, less messy.

In the Jeep community we love PB blaster. I know before I start wrenchin on a Jeep, I'll hit the suspension bolts 2 weeks ahead of time with PB.
 -

I tried PB Blaster when I replace my microwave/hood and the oil stain on the tiles need to be cleaned. Tried everything and none work, so I sprayed some PB Blaster on it and those tar like oil stain came right off, and no, there is no orange spot left on the tiles.

Pb for breaking stuff apart and Fluid Film for lubrication and protection.

We used to get it in 55 gallon drums in the Navy because it is the cats meow for lubrication in the worst of conditions.

http://www.fluid-film.com/

Follow the link and happy buying!

Won't hurt vegetation when used on hedge trimmers and when used on the underside of your mower, it helps prevent clogging. (Down here in FL we don't clog but up north in the fescues and ryes it really works well.

I tried PB Blaster for the first time this last weekend. I was trying to get a caliper pin out of the caliper bracket on my wife's Mitsubishi. Sat soaking in the PB Blaster all night, still wouldn't budge the next morning. I drilled a hole in the end of the caliper pin hole (on this they don't go all the way through), sprayed it full of PB Blaster and broke a pin punch trying to drive the caliper pin out.
Next I heated the assembly with a propane torch and the combination of heat and the boiling PB Blaster freed the caliper pin.
Some sandpaper of various grits, brake cleaner and CRC brake grease transformed this caliper pin from one that wouldn't move to one that barely moves.

Originally Posted By: deepsquat
Bought some PB a few months ago because of this thread ...1/2 in drive ratchet and an 18 inch long pipe ...if it didn't work that time i was going to go buy a 6 foot long pipe !!!

LOL!

You know you're screwed when you have about a pipe a few feet long and you're holding on to the fender of the car, jumping up and down on the end of the pipe!

Aside from being a great penetrating oil, try PB Blaster on wasp and hornet nests - it kills them faster than any pesticide I have tried. It takes a lot less, too!

Pentro-90 is the best but it is hard to find you have to have a Schaffer Supplier near by or the shipping kills you!PB Blaster is the best penetrating oil available nation wide at all kinds of retail outlets from Automotive stores to Walmart and every place in between!It is not the best on the planet earth but is the best that is available almost every place in the USA!Now if Schaffer's wanted to sell Pentr-90 at a price point that was the same price after shipping that Ic an by PB-Blaster for then I would use nothing but Pentro-90.If their was a Scahffers Supplier with in 30 minute drive of my house I would make the drive once a year to stock up but I would have to drive 1-2 hours each way and that is just too far for me to drive for a can of penetrating oil!

WD-40 is almost worthless for anything other then removing moisture and cleaning your hands when finished working on cars!Plus I can buy PB Blaster for $19 a gallon and get a free spray bottle in the deal how can anyone beat that once you pay shipping?

I used to really like Schaffer's products when Bob still owned this sight and was my supplier. His prices where good and shipping was not bad but fast forward to today and I do not know if it is just that the site sponsor like a bigger mark up or if Schaeffer just drastically raised their prices but by the time you look at the cost and the shipping it is out of sight!In fact I have not bought anything since the current site sponsor took over the sales of Schaeffer products his prices where immediately higher then what Bob was charging me for various products like N131 and again I have no idea what his cost's are but they where two high for me. I switched over to Redline products as soon as Bob had his health issues and sold the sight etc.....Redline was cheaper for me to purchase and get shipped to my home then Schaffer's was! SO that should say it all. This was back when Redline was selling for $6.95 a quart to put things into perspective!So until I get a Schaffers dealer close to home I do not even consider them anymore because they are too expensive for what you get compared to what else you can get in the same price range locally or even mail order!I know I am going to get blasted since I said something not glowing about a site sponsor but it is not intended as a personal attack at all just a matter of dollars and cents and marginal return on investment based on how much I have to pay for the performance perceived or real and utility I can get for each dollar spent. I am sure if I was buying by the drum or in large scale volume things might shift but not in the low volume I need!

I flip-flopped on responding to johnbrowning accusatory remarks, but felt the character assassination warranted it.
I work off the same price list as did Bob, always have.

“If you're willing to buy enough of it to avoid shipping, Schaeffers is very competitively priced for what you get. A great value compared to big brand synthetics, as this oil has a proven history of posting terrific UOAs.

Schaeffers' distribution model is not like Amsoil. It is not after retail/end consumers like Amsoil. Schaeffers markets to the commercial/industrial customer. All the majors have area distributors for larger volume accounts and price varies with quantity. Schaeffers is no different. Where do you think car dealers buy their bulk fill? Walmart?

If you're looking for just a case or two, set up a group buy, find a local vendor, or move on. Shipping saps the value on a small order.

All you have to do is contact Mark, or find your area Schaeffers distributor, to get a current price for the quantity you want. The same as you would call any other distributor for SOPUS, Castrol or Mobil.”
Bitog member Volvohead

Originally Posted By: salesrep

If you're looking for just a case or two, set up a group buy, find a local vendor, or move on. Shipping saps the value on a small order.

I lucked out since the local boat yard here carries Penetro 90 and Citrol. They can order anything else Schaeffer I want.

Originally Posted By: nthach

I lucked out since the local boat yard here carries Penetro 90 and Citrol. They can order anything else Schaeffer I want.

Where are you located, and what's the name of the boat yard/location? I found a place--accidentally when I was in San Diego on business--that sells Shaeffer's products. So I loaded up on the moly product and a couple of cans of Penetro 90, but they didn't have anything else. They are about 100 miles south of me on the 15, but that's too far to go for my needs.

I'm in the 91739 zip code.

Originally Posted By: axjohn
Originally Posted By: nthach

Where are you located, and what's the name of the boat yard/location? I found a place--accidentally when I was in San Diego on business--that sells Shaeffer's products. So I loaded up on the moly product and a couple of cans of Penetro 90, but they didn't have anything else. They are about 100 miles south of me on the 15, but that's too far to go for my needs.

I'm in the 91739 zip code.

I'm a Schaeffer Rep not to far from you. Let me know what you are looking for and let's see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back