Hot climate recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some questions for you hot climate detailers out there…

I have a newer BMW in black sapphire metallic. I live in Phoenix, AZ and have to park my car outside in the sun all day long at work.

1) What paint sealant would you choose for the best durability under the intense sun and high temps? Is 6 months durability too much to expect in this climate?

2) For a topper over the sealant, I want the most “pop” for the metallic black paint, but I also want to reapply maybe every 6 weeks or so. Is there a wax out there that you would recommend I try?

Thanks in advance.

I've detailed plenty of BMW's in that color and I prefer sealants over waxes as they tend to leave a brighter, clearer shine that really bring out the metallic flake.

In my experience, nothing beats Zaino for durability. It also looks awesome on black sapp. met.

No wax is gonna add "pop" to a quality sealant like Zaino or Klasse. Waxes add richness and some depth but at the expense of clarity. But if you want to add a wax topper, I prefer Pinnacle Souveran and S100.

A good combo on that color is Klasse All In One for cleaning and a bit of acrylic protection, topped with S100. I've done this combo on many dark colored cars with great results.

BMW 325Ci, black sapphire metallic - Klasse AIO topped with Pinnacle Souveran
 -

'04 BMW X5 4.4i black sapphire mettalic - Zaino Z2
 -

[ July 13, 2006, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: bretfraz ]

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Those BMWs look great!

Looks great but black paints, wait until winter,rain and snow season! And I love it when it rains then the sun bakes the left over water on black paints.Oh wait, sprinklers, gotta love those sprinklers!

While I admire your courage Chris (lol), there's better stuff out there.

For protection alone, Klasse Sealant Glaze is almost, if not, unbeatable.

My daughter attends ASU in Tempe. We move her into her dorm/apartment from NY each August(116+ deg F). My suggestions is alot of regular wash/wax maintenance, whatever you decide to use. Keep garaged/shaded. What else are ya gona do in that type of heat? It's much different here in NY.

The most durable, longest lasting carnauba wax available is Collinite 476. It easily lasts 6 months for me.
I've used Zymol, Pinnacle, Meguires, Griots, and many other carnauba waxes, and Collinite beats them all for durability. And it's much easier to apply than Zaino.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste looks a bit expensive, I recommend just using S100 since it'll perform the same as P21S.

For durability, use Klasse AIO with a few layers of Klasse SG on top, then top it off with wax of your choice.

Anyone tried New Duragloss 105 Total Paint Protection over Duragloss bonding agent? So far two weeks of high heat (90-95 degrees) and high humidity and light showers have done nothing to it. Still feels very slick and hard. available at Carquest and NAPA. Trying to decide why it has not been very "popular" as Duragloss has been around many years.

After a good wax use a car cover!!!!I do it all the time in the summer works great, and will help save that leather interior!!!! At first you will get a few looks/comments . There are now about five people covering their cars where work. They like the way my car looks after 6 years . It will also keep that temp down in the car.

I use Meguires products here in Australia and think they are the best I have used in nearly 50 years of cleaning/polishing cars. Easy to apply, durable lasting finish, easily available. No need to look elswhere, in my opinion.
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back