Toughest wax on the market...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nice thing about Klasse (and Zaino for that matter) is it doesn't stain the trim. Nu Finish is horrible in that regards. Klasse seems very durable to me. I find it lasts for months; however, the vehicles are garaged, which obviously helps.

If you want something that lasts try NuFinish. The shine just isn't very deep. Nothing I've tried from Meguire's including NXT will last much past a month in the summer Illinois sun...

Jsharp,
I would try meguiars #20 polymar sealant. I have seen it last a good 8 weeks in the hot illinois Sun. As for Meguiars NXT, I have found that doesn't last more than two weeks or three car washes

Another vote for NuFinish. The formula has been changed over the years and is no longer abrasive. It will protect better then anything else when it comes to road chemicals and acid rain. I have used everything over the last 10 years or so on our 3 cars and nothing even comes close to lasting as long as NuFinish. I left my Impala outside for 9 months durring the hot Colorado Summer and cold winter and in the spring it was as slick and beaded water as if It was just applyed! That was with 2 good coats.

Some people like to bad mouth NuFinish because it it a "cheep Wal-Mart product". I'd put it up against anything as I know it will out last anything, it's a top quality wax indeed!

Chris B, I respect your opinion, but have to disagree. Beading water is not an indication of wax being present. A better indicator would be the slickness of the finish with how easily it is to keep clean. (Ex. bugs, bird poop) When have you tried any of the sealants mentioned like Klasse or Zaino? How long did they last in your opinion? Spend some time at www.autopia.org for some great detailing info from the best auto detailing site on the web. Keep your opinions coming, but lets be realistic, I mean you've tried everything - come on now! How about 5 star shine or Menzerna FMJ, 1Z Glanz Wax or even Autoglym Extra Gloss?
nono.gif

Beading water is a good indicator of how the wax is holding up. The "tighter" the water droplets are the better the wax. I have not tried EVERYTHING but dozzens of products form everything Wal-Mart sells to a few mail order products. I have tried Klasse and Zaino(Klasse lasted longer by 2 months.) Zaino did not seem to hold up well at all and in my expereance lasted about as long as a carnbu(sp?)wax(21/2-3 months. NuFinish is not the best for shine although it is pretty good it will outlast anything I have seen.

With Zaino, it's not the beads that signify how it's doing, but how the water sheets off. For the first few months after a complete application, and for weeks after a Zaino wash and detail spray, the water just sheets off, and the car is left clean after it drys. It's really something else to see. Course, nothing will keep it clean from road spray. It still beads a year later, which is how often I do the polish part.

I'd have to agree in regards to NXT. It doesn't last. Even after using it multiple times, and the last wax application I put two coats of the booster spray also and it still didn't last.
Sure looks awesome the first few days though. Gets rid of swirl marks/spiderwebs good too.

quote:

I'd have to agree in regards to NXT. It doesn't last. Even after using it multiple times, and the last wax application I put two coats of the booster spray also and it still didn't last.

Ditto. I am going back to my tried-and-true Duragloss 111 (over top of 601 Polish Prep). This stuff will last about 4x as long as NXT, and is the next best thing to Zaino, IMO.

I use nothing but liquid glass on my motorcycles.

On the F150 I use Amsoil's Car Polish about once a year if that. It works good too.

But over all I like the liquid glass, makes the paint look wet.

One thought on keeping up the shine. You should check the car every couple of weeks and be prepared to touch-up areas like the hood and roof and rocker panels and the frond grill area that get more wear and tear. You can keep your car looking good with a bit less effort. In other words, keep it up by touching up (no pun intended). I use a spray bottle with water to check an area, clean that area that needs help and re-apply the wax in just that area. I just don't do the whole car very often.

I really think that this car wax/polish stuff is 20% product and 80% owner.

Remember to get the door jams and difficult areas with Pledge Furniture polish. It looks good and does not leave stuff behind. It's also the only way to keep a battery like brand new without gunk on the terminals.

Has anyone tried a Sonicare tooth brush, on your car that is. I saw the winner at Pebble Beach using one with Pledge, just before judging. Don't laugh, he also had a macro lens, picks and mirrors with several led style lights. This may be bit too far. No factory in the world ever built any of those cars that made it through judging. Just proof that the shine comes from the owner.

i use mother's stuff at least 4 times per year. i also throw on a few experimental coats in between.

eagle one wax as u dry and various detailing sprays keep everything in good shape, especially through the winter. i have a heated garage, so i can go out, drink some beer and polish my car after a touchless car wash.

my car is silver, and waxes will tend to last longer on a lighter car. my last car was black, and it needed monthly waxing to keep it up.

Well, I also have tried multiple waxes/polishes over the years. My favorites, Collintie Marque d'elegance for a carnuba but overall ZAINO is the king. Last the longest for me, so easy to put on even in sunlight and gives a great shine.

The turtle wax platinum series outlasted the liquid glass for me, sitting through HURRICANES.
smile.gif

I tend to wax my car 1-2x per month if I can, but it can easily go 6 weeks between waxings and still bead water, sitting outside all the time.

I use RainDance paste, but from what I'm hearing I guess I'll need to try NuFinish. Rave reviews about waxes seem to revolve around things that I don't care about, like ease of use, depth of shine, etc., as all I want is for water to bead up as long as possible. RainDance will last over six months for me, here in the Pacific NW, depending on how many commercial car washes my wife takes the cars thru. I prefer to wash with just lots of warm water that has some automotive window cleaner in it.

My wife had some older brochures from Shell in Germany as I recall, on care care. They suggested measuring the size of the beads of water in order to determine when it needing waxing :^)

quote:

Originally posted by bretfraz:
If you want a "wax" as opposed to a sealant then the toughest I know of is Collinite.

If you want a product that acts like a wax but could be derived from anything, either Klasse or Zaino polymer sealants are the best choices for durability IMO.

I think this guy knows his stuff. Good calls, bretfraz.
AIO with Collonite on top would be great too.

I would use Meguiars #16 if you can't fing the Collonite. Put on, take off, and don't let it dry too long. It is tough stuff next to the Collonite. Klasse AIO is EASY to use on paint, chrome, glass, plastic, etc. Read instructions for what it can go over. Klasser Sealant Glaze can be tricky if you don't get it on thin and take it off without waiting very long. Good stuff but I don't use it anymore. Just the AIO with practically anything else you want to put on top.

Zaino is a " world" of its own and I'll not recommend it, but I love their Z10 leather conditioner, however !!! It's very good stuff too, but I find it not to MY liking for many reasons.

quote:

Originally posted by bretfraz:
If you want a "wax" as opposed to a sealant then the toughest I know of is Collinite.

If you want a product that acts like a wax but could be derived from anything, either Klasse or Zaino polymer sealants are the best choices for durability IMO.

I think this guy knows his stuff. Good calls, bretfraz.
AIO with Collonite on top would be great too.

I would use Meguiars #16 if you can't fing the Collonite. Put on, take off, and don't let it dry too long. It is tough stuff next to the Collonite. Klasse AIO is EASY to use on paint, chrome, glass, plastic, etc. Read instructions for what it can go over. Klasser Sealant Glaze can be tricky if you don't get it on thin and take it off without waiting very long. Good stuff but I don't use it anymore. Just the AIO with practically anything else you want to put on top.

Zaino is a " world" of its own and I'll not recommend it, but I love their Z10 leather conditioner, however !!! It's very good stuff too, but I find it not to MY liking for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back