Glass cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks cvl.....after posting, I saw a note from the mods to search the archives on a product before posting. (I'm kinda new here). After my search I see that many of you are using Stoners and like it very much. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks again

Once you get the crud off with the Stoners, try "maintaining" the windows with a damp microfiber cloth. Gets rid of the haze on inside windows with no effort. Works great on outside glass too unless they are really dirty.

I'm gonna second the Stoner recommedation. I have both the Invisible Glass and also More Shine Less Time for Tires. Both are quality products.

The More Shine does leave a nasty stain on asphalt, so don't spray the tires on your nice driveway. It might be because our driveway is old and uncared for, but it left it darker and oily looking. On the tires it looks great, however! Lasts quite a while to boot.

ferb!

Thanks again guys.....it's really the haze on the inside of the windows that I was most interested in trying Stoners on. I'll use shortyb's method and see how it does.
Great place here.....somebody on Corvette Forum posted a link to this site saying it had tons of good info and I certainly must agree.

Dunno about where you are, but looking at the flyers for the autoparts places you can sometimes score the Stoners for free; they'll offer a $2.99 rebate on a $2.99 product; nice!

('Course, one needs to get off one's butt and send the coupon in
tongue.gif
)

I tried Stoners in the past and wasn't all that impressed with it. Finally switched to Eagle 20/20 applied with microfiber cloth - that did the trick - no swirls and no hazing.

But who knows, maybe it's the microfiber that's key, and less the liquid itself.

I was not satisfied at all with Invisible Glass. Maybe I used way to much, or used the wrong type of cloth or wrong technique but it left streaks and spots like crazy. I'll try Windex or Eagle 20/20 next time with a Micro-fiber cloth.

The I.G. is good stuff! 20/20 is great as well. I have a little trouble with spraying too much of the I.G. though.

I have both, and prefer the 20/20 to the invisible glass bc it seems to clean much better than the stoners does. I always use an mf cloth when cleaning windows.

I use microfiber and stoners as well. Works well.

Here's a tip: Don't shake the stoners can. It doesn't spray as well when shooken. (Try it and you'll see what I'm talking about).

Stoners, I've found, is better to get off haze and the like, somewhat of a "final" cleaner. For heavier stuff, use [distilled] water and a terry, then followup with stoners or 20/20 and a microfiber.

Using stoners as a "final" cleaner will help you use a smaller amount and reduce problems associated with using too much.

Use the Windex and newspaper to first clean it after the car wash. Then, the Stoners and a microfiber cloth. Glass goes from "clean" to "I don't notice it anymore [invisible]". I carry it on trips for use at every fuel stop; headlights and mirrors too; two cloths: #1 to clean, #2 to keep polished. That and some Rain-X sure keeps the bug problem to an easy-to-clean minimum.

I use stoners all the time (the glass cleaner).

It works really well. I've tried other similar products, but they foam way too much. Plus it's tint safe!

I use the Invisible Glass glass cleaner, not bad. But what I do every once in a while is use some 'No Touch' (brand) auto glass stripper. It goes on somewhat like a liquid wax, you polish it in a little and clean it off. A very good way to clean all the build up on the glass for a real, clean looksee. You can also use it on the inside of the windshield. It works very well. Brian

quote:

Originally posted by Tim H.:
Where do you get the 'microfibre' cloth?

You can get good enough for glass cleaning micro fibre cloths all over the place. Hardware stores, Target, Wally World, Grocery stores etc.

Look in cleaning supplies or automotive sections if the store has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back