Remove Interior Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Hi, My new used car arrived "detailed" with a heavy slime shine all over! How do I remove it without damage?Maybe Armorall with compliments from the quick-lube shop.Thanks
confused.gif

By the subject of the post, I gather this shine is on your dash. I would use a properly diluted all purpose cleaner on a soft cloth, followed by a water dampened cloth. This may need repeated. For final protection, I'd use either 303 Protectant or Lexol Vinylex. Both are excellent products, and 303 leaves only a clean, matte finish with ultraviolet protection that does not attract dust. Vinylex leaves a slightly higher sheen than 303 (but not shiny), and uv protection. Both need to be applied, then buffed off (buffing off is important for a matte/satin look). I use a microfiber cloth for the buffing, as they pick up the excess very well.

Dave

i usually use water mixed with some soap for the car...then a sponge and wipe the interior...

armorall is very shinny...especially in the detail shops...they are more greesy...i would tkae it back and tell them it dont look good...

any ways a good vynal/rubber protectant is meguires vynal/rubber protectant..its a red bottle. u control the shine...one coat is natural...2 coats is a little shinny...more will make it gloss..but its not sticky or slimmy at all.

Good ol' soap and H2O and then take the suggestion above, use the 303 stuff. Works great and won't "shine" you to death.

I tried the Meguiers gold class foam interior vinyl cleaner and its pretty good. Not real shiney but adds a luster to the dash. Smells good too.

I second the suggestion for using 303 for your interior. If you want the matte look, be sure to buff out the 303. Only drawback of 303 is the cost, but its not too bad if bought by the gallon.

I once had a shop install a carbon-fiber dash kit and they removed the shine (for adhesion) using a serious industrial degreaser. I don't remember the name right now. Guess you could try any OTC degreaser product....Castrol? Else, soap and water...or alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back