Great waxing tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned this from someone years ago, and it works great. After applying a liquid or paste wax, let it dry. Then apply a really light coat of cornstarch (like the baby powder type). It really makes buffing to a great shine easy!

Hapuna

Reactions: JC1
Hmmm, cornbread a la McGuires!
grin.gif

Must be the dry vegetable esters in the cornstarch replenshing the esters in the paint surface.
dunno.gif

Seriously, Hapuna, how do you apply the cornstarch? Sprinkle on or apply to buffing cloth and then wipe off dried wax???

I'm gonna try this next time. Sounds too interesting to pass up.

[ August 18, 2003, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Hi MolaKule,

I just sprinkle a small amount from the dispenser....doesn't take much. For a comparison, try one half of your hood without, and the other side with. Amazing the difference.

I would just rather use a wax that isn't such a PITA to remove...
tongue.gif

Most good waxes these days shouldn't be that hard to remove. If it is, you're either applying way too much, not letting it dry enough, or (in the case of a few wipe on, wipe off waxes) letting it dry too long.

Hapuna

Tried you cornstarch trick. Seemed to bring out the gloss a little better. Though is hard to tell on my white paint. The wax ( Miguire's Gold Class) seemed harder to buff out, though that might have been the 97* shade temp. around here today.

waxes shouldnt be hard to take off...dont put a huge layer of it..just a small layer..thats why i use applicator pads...very thin nice good layers..easy buffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back