Liquid Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you try this "wax" ...fantastic shine and is the easy "wax" to apply and remove that I have ever used....will not dry to a hardend white glaze that you have to work like crazy to get off...just apply and a few minutes later wipe off...with very lite buffing.
Klasse all in one and the other klasse ( can't remember what it is called ) are very easy to work with.
I bought 2 sample bottles ( 1.oz each ) ...and this is enough lioquid to wax your car 4-5 times the 16 oz bottles must last a decade!

I was a diehard Liquid Glass fan for many years, but I did find that it left a lot of dust behind, and with dark colored cars it left them hazy for a while, until you parked out in the sun for a few hours.

I stopped using it when I found Zaino, which I find much easier to apply, especially in extreme cold or extreme heat or high humidity. Zaino can also be applied in direct sunlight and is still easy to remove, not many polishes can claim that.

I found Liquid Glass lasted longer though, my Zaino could last longer if I followed all the steps, but I prefer just to use the Z2 only. It's too much work to use the Z1 or the ZFX before the Z2.

I use liquid glass on my motorcycle. I use it on the painted surfaces and the chrome. it's great. it gives a deep shine. and on chrome WOW!! i like how you can use it in the sun and it wipes off easily. and if it comes in contact with plastic it wont stain it like other waxes

use klasse all in one and klasse sealant glaze. Klasse can be applied and buffed right off, and klasse sealant glaze only takes about an hr to dry b4 buffing. A good alternative if you don't want to follow all the zaino steps.

Yeah I just started using LG after being a diehard Yellow Wax #26 Meguiars user (which I still love).

The LG is a good product, seems to hold up really well in my area, which is not a good area for car care.
crushedcar.gif

I just tried Liquid Glass and compared to what I was useing I'm not that pleased.

I have been using AutoFom for about 10 yrs. Welp, they quite making it about 4 yrs. ago or so. I found a big stash in a liquidation/salavage store and bought something like 12 bottles of the stuff. I'm down to about 2 bottles left of the stuff so I've been looking around for a replacement.

Tried Liquid Crystal a friend had and liked it alright. He swore up and down it was the best stuff he had ever used. Welp it was pretty good stuff, durable as heck. Did not buff off as well as AutoFom and made alot of dust but it did last along time. It also can not be applied in the direct sun like AutoFom could. Went and tried to find some,,,,they quit makeing it!!!
mad.gif

I've been buggin on the Liquid Glass since then, I bought some and used it on my Mustang. It's alot like the LC in the way it has the powdery residue and the shine is good. It will have to go along way to beat the LC in durability though. That LC last along time on my Rio, something 5-6 months later it was still beading water!

I like the AutoFom because you call apply it in the smmer heat, in the sun. Heck, it seem to work better applied in the hot sun. It leaves less residue that I've ever seen and it's sorta durable {nothing like the LC though, ain't seen anything as durable as that stuff!}. It also seem to attract less dust than most other waxes. That's one of my favorite reason for likeing AutoFom as I like black cars.

I will say that it seems to be what I'me going to end up useing when my AutoFom stash dries up. I like it better than a multitude of "off the shelf" waxes I've used.

Don't it suck when you find something you like, settle in, get used to it and then then get rid of it!
banghead.gif

quote:

Don't it suck when you find something you like, settle in, get used to it and then then get rid of it!

Yes! When I first got my licence I found some stuff at a car show called Jorgenson's polish which I absolutely loved, and when that ran out I ordered more. But when the second bottle ran out and I contacted them for more, there was no response, they must've went out of business.
frown.gif

Hey! AutoFom isnt gone!!!!

RainX Makes it now, just use their wax, it IS the same as the Blue Coral AutoFom. I used to use Fom too
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
my Zaino could last longer if I followed all the steps, but I prefer just to use the Z2 only. It's too much work to use the Z1 or the ZFX before the Z2.

Actually, IMHO, the ZFX makes using the Z2 much EASIER. Its an accelerent that allows the Z2 to cure faster and in less than ideal conditions, ie; cold temps, humidity etc. 8-10 drops in the 2oz. bottle included with the ZFX kit, shake, wait 5 minutes, apply. Cures for buffing in about 30 minutes tops. Did 2 coats on my car back in April and it took around 2 hours. That included the wash, clay, Z2 and finish with Z6 detail spray. Awesome results that have held up better than anything else I've seen. Periodic spritzes with the Z6 and it still beads water like the day it was applied. Sorry, alittle
offtopic.gif

[ September 22, 2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: shortyb ]

I wonder if Zaino's just makes several products that you have to use in several steps so you spend more money. Why not just 1 solid, quality wax? I haved used most of the waxes on the market and have noticed no real difference in the shine they leave but I have noticed that some last a lot longer then others. NuFinish is a pollish that really does last longer then any I have used.

There is no such product that will do everything in one step. People have different standards when it comes to a car's finish. For some, it looks clean and shiny after just a wash. Others think it looks good after just a low level product such as Nu-Finish. A lot of people however, know that you have to do several steps to get a better shine. When I detail my car, I clay, polish/remove swirls, glaze and wax. I also use a quick detail spray often. I'll put my car against any Nu-Finish or similar shine any day. Yes, it did take longer, but it will look that much better. It's all about people's standards. There's a big difference between good and good enough.

I like Zaino, and use it for the winter when the weather does not permit monthly waxings. I do think Z-1 or Zfx is a very worthwhile product. When I Zaino my car, I do two coats of Z-5 followed by one of Z-2.

I agree scott, I wouldn't own a $150 buffer if I wasn't insane about my car's finish.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Scott P:
There is no such product that will do everything in one step. People have different standards when it comes to a car's finish. For some, it looks clean and shiny after just a wash. Others think it looks good after just a low level product such as Nu-Finish. A lot of people however, know that you have to do several steps to get a better shine. When I detail my car, I clay, polish/remove swirls, glaze and wax. I also use a quick detail spray often. I'll put my car against any Nu-Finish or similar shine any day. Yes, it did take longer, but it will look that much better. It's all about people's standards. There's a big difference between good and good enough.

I like Zaino, and use it for the winter when the weather does not permit monthly waxings. I do think Z-1 or Zfx is a very worthwhile product. When I Zaino my car, I do two coats of Z-5 followed by one of Z-2.

Scott, How long does it take you to apply every thing you do to the paint? Do you have to do all the steps every time you detail the paint? Just wondering because it takes me between 4 to 5 hours to apply one coat of wax and by that time I'm pretty tired of all the polishing and I don't think I could do another 2 to 4 coats! I'd be waxing for 24 hours straight!

shocked.gif

I think I spend four to five hours on a full detail of my car. I take many beer and food breaks, so it does take a bit longer sometimes.
grin.gif

I use products that don't need any hazing time. I also have a Porter Cable Orbital Polisher to speed things up. But, even without it, it shouldn't take that many hours for just a wax.

I wash and clay the car at the same time. I do this maybe twice per year. I apply a swirl mark remover or polish on each full detail. This takes just about an hour since I use the machine. The glaze I use simply wipes on and wipes off. This is a very quick step. The top coat of wax also wipes on and wipes off with no hazing time.

Taking a few extra minutes to quick detail a car after I dry it from washing adds a nice gloss to the finsh.

Maybe I need to buy a buffer. I like to do every square inch even the paint you don't see like inside the doors and trunk area. It takes around 4-5 hours to do my Silverado with the NuFinish and it buffs off easy. It is still slick months after. When I'm done with this bottle I might just try the Zainos stuff.

quote:

Originally posted by Chris B.:
Maybe I need to buy a buffer. I like to do every square inch even the paint you don't see like inside the doors and trunk area. It takes around 4-5 hours to do my Silverado with the NuFinish and it buffs off easy. It is still slick months after. When I'm done with this bottle I might just try the Zainos stuff.

Sure you could get a cheaper random orbital job to make applying and optionally buffing faster, but I don't think you'll save all that much time with some of the easier to apply waxes like many liquid waxes. Especially since you can't get at all areas of the paint with it and will have to resort to hand application.

For simple wax and pre-cleaner application you really don't need the (expensive) Porter Cable as its abilities will be wasted. However if you *really* want to get serious....
wink.gif

Oh yes, you probably know this already, but if you do switch to Zaino you should probably lightly polish the paint with another product once or twice a year (during overhauls) since Zaino has no actual polishes or paint correction products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back